when your child walks in on you making out (requested)

"I'm so tired." You said as you sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Did he finally get to sleep?" Calum asked as he scooted across the bed to sit behind you.

As he gently put his hands on your shoulders, you melted into his touch and a contented hum escaped your lips.

"Yeah." You said. "It only took me reading him about four stories to get him to get to sleep."

Your six-year-old son has so much energy, always keeping you and Calum on your feet.

Sometimes, he's got too much energy that he doesn't know what to do with it, and tonight, he was so full of energy that he refused to sleep until his body demanded it.

"He's worth it though." You spoke. "I love him."

"I know. So do I." Calum said as he kissed the back of your neck. "But I love you too and it feels like we haven't had any time together in forever. Please tell me that you're not tired."

"I am a little sleepy but never too tired for you." You said as you turned around to face him.

He smiled at you, melting your heart as you raised your hand to gently place it on his cheek.

He's so handsome and so sweet that sometimes, you can't help but wonder what you'd done to deserve him.

You love his soft brown eyes and the way he looks at you so adoringly and you love his sweet, infectious grin that never fails to warm your heart.

But, more than anything, you love his sweet kisses and the way he makes you feel so loved with every one of them and every touch.

So when he leaned in and put his lips on yours, your heart almost burst.

You kissed him back and when he laid you down on the bed, you put your arms around his neck to pull him closer to you.

He let his hands wander across your body, fingertips brushing across your skin to make you feel loved and cared for after a long and exhausting day.

"You have no idea how in love with you I am." He said as he pulled away from your lips to trail kisses across your neck and collarbones.

He was making his way to that spot on your skin that makes you weak in the knees whenever his lips brush against it and it made your heart race with excitement.

You couldn't help the way your breath hitched when he finally kissed that spot and you ran your fingers through his hair, making him feel just as blissful as you felt.

"I'm so in love with you too," You told him as you put your head back a little more.

Compliments fell from his lips and against your skin, sweet words of love and affection as he held you close and kissed your skin.

He slipped his hand under your shirt, tempted to pull it off of your body, just as you felt with him.

But before either of you got the chance, just as you pulled him in for another kiss from his lips, there was a knock on the bedroom door.

Calum groaned and put his forehead on yours before laying down beside you, just as your son knocked again.

"Yes?"

The door opened and he stood there with a sad look on his face.

"I can't sleep." He mumbled.

"Honey, you were sleeping when I left your room." You frowned.

"I woke up." He explained.

"Want daddy to sing to you?" Calum asked as he put his hand on your shoulder.

Your son excitedly nodded his head.

"Go to your room and I'll be there in a second."

"Promise?"

"Promise." Calum grinned.

Your son left the room to hurry back to his room, impatiently waiting for his dad to join him.

"Thank you."

"You owe me. When I get back, we continue where we left off." He said and you nodded your head, smiling brightly at him.

"Love you. Hurry back."

"I'll try." He said as he walked towards the door. "I love you more."