he gives you a promise ring

You tried to pretend that you were still sleeping but it was impossible when you felt Calum kissing your cheeks softly. You barely peeked your eyes open and as his lips touched your cheeks once more he gazed into your eyes softly. "Good morning, and happy anniversary."

You remembered then, that today marks your first anniversary with Calum. It was crazy to think that a year went by. He somehow always makes every day better than the last. You feel like you've known him your whole life.

You opened your eyes the rest of the way. He leaned down to kiss your cheek once more but you turned your head so his lips would hit yours instead. "Happy anniversary, Cal!" You brushed your thumb across his cheek and closed your eyes and he pecked your lips again. "I have something for you!"

"I have something for you too." You both reached into the drawers by each side of your bed. "You open yours first. I'm too excited to wait!" A laugh rolled right off of his lips at your excitement. He took the gift from your hands and opened it.

He was amazed by what awaited him. A calendar keychain that you personalized with the day you first got together; a year ago today. Along with a little round tag that had both of your initials on it.

"Do you like it?"

He wordlessly pulled you into his arms and he started to kiss across your face making you squirm in his embrace and try to wiggle out of it. "I love it! Thank you, y/n."

You giggled and rubbed his shoulders as you bit on your lip to hold back your smile, but it was impossible. "Where's my gift?"

He laughed and handed you the box. Opening the box, you saw the promise rings with two sparkling hearts on it. "Cal, it's beautiful!" You kissed him softly and let him slide the ring onto your finger.

"It's only a promise ring for right now but one day, I promise it'll be something different. That's my promise: that we'll do all those things in the future that we talk about. That I'll always love you and be faithful to you. To not just be your boyfriend but your best friend too. You deserve the world and that's exactly what I wanna give you."

The smile on your face was unbreakable. You wrapped both of your arms around him and you slowly fell onto your back as his lips stayed glued to yours. You broke away from the passionate kiss and brushed your fingers through his hair. "I'm so lucky to have you."

"I'm the lucky one," he said and kissed the corner of your lips. "Happy anniversary, baby girl. Here's to many more."