He snaps at you

He's been busy lately with the new album, planning and rehearsing for tour, and doing countless interviews in between. So it didn't surprise you that he arrived home a little after one am totally exhausted. But it was different tonight.

Normally he'd he'd give you a hug or a kiss, but he just walked past you without a word. He went to a grab a bottle of water from the kitchen before going upstairs where he took off his shoes and climbed into bed. You know he's tired and he's been working hard but it's hard to deny how much he had hurt your feelings. You climbed into bed next to you, rolling over on your side to face him only to find he was already asleep. You rolled onto your back and fell asleep soon after.

You woke up the next morning to find that Calum was still asleep next to you. The time was eight am and you figured he had overslept so you shook his shoulder to wake him up. He grumbled, a few words you couldn't quite catch left his lips before he rolled onto his other side with his back towards you. "Calum? Its eight o'clock. Don't you have rehearsals?" You could tell he wasn't asleep but he wasn't exactly awake either. "Cal?" You shook him once more until he lifted his head to look at you. You smiled at him thinking he was finally awake. "Goddammit y/n. I don't have rehearsal today, alright? Just leave me the hell alone and let me sleep!" He put his head back on the pillow as you bit your lip to hold back your tears.

He let out a heavy sigh. You could tell he regretted what he said but it was too late. "Y/n-" you didn't let him finish. You got up from the bed and walked downstairs leaving Calum to think about his words and the affect they had on you. In the year you've been dating, he's never raised his voice at you. It broke your heart.

You went downstairs to grab yourself a cup of coffee. You sat on the kitchen counter as you wiped away your own tears. You could hear his footsteps coming downstairs before he entered the kitchen. He could hear you sniffling, a telltale sign you were crying and he felt even guiltier than before. "Y/n?" He whispered from the doorway and when you didn't say anything he walked closer to you. He put his hands on your shoulder blades, his heart sinking in his chest when you pushed him away. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you babe." You remained quiet until a little sob left your lips, one that made his heart break. He took a few steps to get as close as he could to you and stood in front of you before wrapping you in his arms. You cried into his shirt and he rubbed your back, whispering apologies in your ear.

"I shouldn't have snapped at you. I shouldn't have ever said what I said. I'm sorry baby, I really am." You sniffled and lifted your head to look at him with bloodshot eyes. "Please don't cry." He whispered as he stroked your cheek. "I just didn't want you to be late. I didn't mean to make you upset." He shook his head and ran his thumb under your eyes as you started to cry again. "I know baby, I'm sorry. That was so considerate of you. I appreciate it." You looked in his deep brown eyes before looking away from him again. "And you just ignored me last night. You didn't say anything to me, you just walked right by me and went upstairs to bed." He nodded and looked down at his feet before looking back at you. "I know. I'm sorry. I was just tired and things didn't go well at rehearsals yesterday but I didn't mean to ignore you. I'm so sorry."

He finished by pressing a kiss to your forehead. You looked at him again, running your thumb across his lips making him smile. "We all good?" You smiled and wrapped your arms around his neck. "Yeah. We're good." He pressed his lips to your cheek, happy that everything was okay again.