•44•

Ren pov:

"Thank you jada I haven't had a good meal since Katherine." We all sat around jadas balcony table where the candles were lit and the stars slowly just slowly took the night sky as the sun set.

"Dad that's not true me and ren cooked for you a lot back home."

His eyes squinted as if he was fighting something with in.

"Ahhh yes yes I forgot I'm so sorry" we all laughed at his joke hinting me and Mk weren't the best cook's in the house.

"Unfortunately I'm getting a little chilly and tired so I'm heading out first." Dom said taking his plate in his hands.

"Ugh jada thank you for letting me borrow a room for the night."

"Anytime I mean I always had a crush on your father so why not." She winked  while shrugging her shoulders.

"Now that's just gross." He mumbled leaving the balcony.

"Really jada?" Davis asked her she only shrugged her shoulders once more.

"This feels nice." I mumbled closing my eyes for a bit.

"What does ?" Mk asked leaning on me.
"The feeling of being surrounded by family." I smiled

Soon davis and Mk left the table leaving only me and aunt jada at the table enjoying the view.

"Here" she handed me a blanket." It really does get cold out at night.

"Ah thank you" I mumbled loud enough for her to hear me.

"there's something I've been meaning to ask you." She said while leaning back in her wooden seat.

"Yessss" I dragged it on
Her eyes squint
"What's going on between you and dom?" Should have known this was coming
"Why whatever do you mean?" I asked
"All night he couldn't keep his eyes off you even when you all first arrived."

Mhmm so she peeped it too. I've notice how dom can get after a while he likes to watch me and barely talk. It was like that all day. His vibe changed once we got here.

"We use to have a thing-"
"Yes yes I know that and I know everything that happen since you came down here. Davis told me. But what I'm asking is what's going on with you both right now."

"Nothing really. He's probably back with his ex fiancé and me I'd want to be done with men for now. "

She took a deep breath

"That man loves you. If a man can leave his home and be around his mother whom he hates the most and spend top dollar or kill just to keep you alive he's in love. A man will do many things. He'll say one thing and his actions will say another. But him .... baby girl he act like he's your body guard. " she laughed at that last part as did I.

But dom being in love with me ? Was that even possible... our relationship was pure sex that's all. That's what it was based off of since the beginning.

"Look I was married once. When I say the love of my life. He was apart of the mafia as well. I spent half my life single waiting and worrying about when he'll return. Just when he did life took him from me. What I'm saying is live now act now. Do what makes you happy.  If your heart is screaming for him you go to that man. I'm fifty years old single , a widow and have only this house to myself. I have no grand babies no children nothing. So many regrets in life and all I say everyday when I wake up is 'damn I wish I did that in my twenties'."  She smiled but it wasn't one of them happy smiles. She had pain behind that smile. I felt for her.

"Aunt jada..."

"Haha I'm just telling you my pain and sorrows. Don't end up like me. Fighting with ya sister angry at your dad and heartbroken and lonely. Live Serena."

She smiled kissing my forehead. Before I could say a word she walked out leaving me and myself alone under the starry sky.

Not knowing what tomorrow brings us I still look towards it.

FIN