•43•

Ren pov:

"Who's this ?" Mk spoke before I even had the chance to.

The lovely lady invited us back indoors of nice house she owned not to far from the shore. She landed a beautiful home not to big not to small just right. You can even hear the ocean waves from just sitting in the living room.

She looked over at Davis then to me.
"I'm your auntie, on your mother's side of course." Her and davis both laughed a bit at the hidden joke.

"Wait mom said she didn't have any living relatives..." Mk says. I don't know much about mom or our family tree.

"Tuh that's so like her" she held a small smile "Well was like her I meant. Truth be told me and your mother were never on good terms since you serenity was born. Haven't spoken to her since then. I only recently found out about her passing to long ago."

"Why don't we catch up on the business a bit more." Davis says to dom as he gave me an encouraging look. The two leaving the room in an awkward silence.

Mk looked at me and I her.

"Cherish your sister while you can. There were um plenty I had to say to her. Breaks my heart knowing she's not here anymore".

You could tell she cried a lot I can see it in her eyes.

"What was she like , mom I meant. What was she like as a child?" I found myself asking a question I wanted to know for years. Just who was my mother ? Knowing who she was from her sister made me felt like I knew her just little.

"Oh boy that young chicken head." She laughed but in her eyes she was reminiscing and dancing in her memories.

"Your mother had soul so pure you'd think she was a fairy or some angel. Now I was the bad one. She was a tomboy but held so much girly features. Always wearin her fro wherever she went and man did she know how to rock it. Every Friday night just when we got out of school we'd always go hang with Davis and his boys. That's when she hit her little girly phase she started wearing dresses more and stopped climbing trees." She smiled

"Growing up with her was pure bliss. Good grades, beauty  you name it. But she was a fighter can't forget that. She was definitely a family person.
She was light.

"How long have you stayed in key west?Mk asked

"Shoot I been here for a good thirteen years now. But enough about me I want to get to know you two since this is our first meeting. Maybe you can tell me more about yourselves while I prepare dinner."

We both smiled at her and Mk being the baby she nodded fast.

Dom pov:
"So key west." I smiled not to big just a small smirk I'd say.
"For almost a month you've been here." I looked down at his leg that I remember he'd got shot in.

"I had to let the heat die down for a while you know how this goes." Taking his half glass of Hennessy to his lips. "You could have contacted me davis." I looked him in his eyes.

"I'm proud of you dom." Filling  my empty glass with scotch " Doesn't feel like I should be praised Davis. I let Adrian down." Taking my cup back to my lips

"You know you don't see the light in you not how I can see it. Your father would be so proud of you right now. Adrian did not die for nothing. He was a brave man I can give him that and I will be eternally grateful to him. From now on you walk with this in your heart and not on your shoulders. The death of a loved one you can either suffer from it or embrace it." 

He did always have a way with his words I must say that.

"Thank you."

"Anytime kiddo and where exactly is Mike?" I rolled my eyes

"He's currently dealing with baby mama drama." We both laughed hard.

"They gone have a good six kids and have drama still." Davis said while he gained another laugh out of me.

"Hey aunt jada said dinners ready." Ren came out but immediately went back in.

Judging but the look on Davis face he had something to say.

"What is it?" I asked sarcastically

"I talked to ren before the fire , if you and her wanted to be with each other you have my full blessi-"

"There's no need for that." Davis face scrunched up with confusion.

"Ren and I already put that in past. I've said somethings to her during Adrian funeral that I'm not proud of plus she thinks me and April are a thing now."

"Wait why does she think that?" He says his cup in the balcony table taking his hands in his pockets.

"April's been staying at my place for some time now but I can assure you I didn't touch her. But hey look on the bright side you got what you wanted. Her out of my grasp and me back to the solid dom." Winking at him I tapped his solder while walking away with my cup to my lips.

I'm really grateful you're still here.... old man.