•17•

•€•€•€•

"The bathrooms down the hall and if your hungry there's food in the fridge."
Serena was taken back by the bed room , well the house overall.
"How long would I have to stay here?" Placing her bags down and taking her bunny shoes off.
"Well Davy isn't answering his phone not sure it's not like him , couldn't bring this heat to his house in the middle of the night so until tomorrow." She nodded but sighed holding her head her hands with stress on her mind.
"You okay?" She looked up at him "like you care about my mental state."
"Clearly I fucking do if I asked."

She just shook her head "I can't keep going on like this, it's been like two months since I've been here and you'd think he'd stop searching for me." He could hear the pain laced in her voice.

"I can't go back to him, I just can't and I'm not strong enough to beat him, I'm a weak lamb in his eyes."
"You are strong."
"Dominic stop-"
"Fuck randy and fuck whatever you just said. You made it this damn far I'd be damned if you give up now."
"I'm tired of putting everyone in my shit , the last people I want to get hurt is Davis and makaela now you in this too."
"Look." He walked over to her sitting down on the bed.

"I'm a grown ass man I do as I please. Im doing this because I want to ,ain't no one forcing me to do shit. I could walk right now and not give a fuck tomorrow but that's not me I'm here helping you because I see someone trying to change and you don't have that many people in the world who wants to change and try again." Using his index finger he lifts her head to his.

"I see you. Your trying and that's all that matters. There's people out in the world who stay with their abusive boyfriend /husband whatever and they never wanna try to leave or try to get help. I give the extended hand when needed."

She was taken back with his words of choice as she never seen or remember the last time he spoke that long to her.

"Try to get some sleep."

He left her room lost for words his damn self . Dom mentally slapped himself , he never said shit like that before to anyone not even mike. So why with her and why now ?

****
Ren Pov:
He was trying to cheer me up. He did good I can give him that, not once has the man said more then a sentence to me and here I was all happy and shit.

I appreciate him helping I could have went back to randy or died tonight if it wasn't for him. Davis sure did know how to pick em. Taking my bag down the hall to the bathroom for a quick shower.
My shower took mainly twenty minutes but this time it was longer as I was battling my thoughts. The things that was happening to me I couldn't even bring my self to tell my dad I know he'd be worrying and I didn't wanna have him going through that, I've been lying to him for last few weeks. Everything was perfect when really randy was still after me and now I find my self in a house with a man that I'm attracted to.

"I won't last here." I mumbled to myself.
Once this end and Randy's gone I'll be back home in Colorado. Back to the peace and quiet just alone. No friends nor boyfriend nor problems. But was that something I wanted ? True enough I've always been alone when dad was at work and I was even like that In highschool and college.

Ren the antisocial bug.

This time was different I feel in love with this place. I mean we're there even a place for me here once everything was over?

Turning off the water I got out and dried off and applied my Shea butter lotion. wearing my all black sport shorts and yellow shirt. Looking in the mirror
"I look like a fat ass bumble bee." I couldn't sleep in clothes like pajama pants I get to hot and I'd feel uncomfortable sleeping in
just panties ,so shorts did it for me.

When I entered my room I kept battling If I should go thank dom or just go to sleep
"He'll think I'm ungrateful." Pacing back and forth "stop being a pussy." I open my door and I felt like the more I was walking I wasn't getting nowhere. How big was this damn house?

Bringing my hand up I knocked on his door there was no response, so did it again. I guess he was sleeping ,Turing on my heel about to walk when the sound of his door open.

"You needed something?" He had glasses on and no shirt with just grey sweat pants and lord why did I look down.

Did men not know what grey sweatpants did to woman?

"I um wanted to thank you-"
"Your welcome goodnight." Trying to close his door I put my foot to stop it and that caused him to look at me like wtf.
"Sorry just j wasn't finished, like I was saying I never did get to thank you. You've been a big help since I've arrived here. I'm truly grateful Dominic."

"Your welcome serenity." A small smile revealing his dimples placed on his face.
His hair was messy and god did that smile do it for me. Tonight would be the only night I'd ever see him like this.

Did other woman see him as I did now?

Next thing I know I did something I would have never did,

"I kissed Dominic Reed."