•40•

Emotional Chapter-🖤
play RESCUE

Serenity pov:

"Ren it's time." Raven came in laying my jet black dress down on my bed.

I fucking hate black now.

"It's been three weeks , you haven't ate nor left this room. When was the last time you even showered ?" She asked rubbing her belly ,but I only ignored her like I did everyone else.
Isabella returned home as well. Her and raven occasionally came to check in with me.

"Where's makela?" I chocked out

"She's down stairs talking to mike and Elenor."

"Mhm" looking back out the window.

Raven nodded at the silence and left.
It's been three weeks like she said.

Three whole weeks my life became a mess. We lost our father.

I began to think I wasn't meant to have certain things in my life. I was given a second chance to have a family  and I fucked it up.

My mother practically gave me away, my father tried selling me, my love life is shit, my sister became a mute, and now look im parentless , again.

I couldn't cry anymore. I felt nothing but completely numb now.I looked over at my dress raven brought in and immediately hated the sight.

Today was one of those days no one wanted to get out of bed. We were all home safe back in our lovely Naples but the worst part about it , after the whole London thing Adrian was rushed to the hospital due to being shot in the chest .

Four days ago the doctors pronounced him dead.

The doctor told Elenor if he made it to the hospital earlier there would have been a different outcome but due to the fact he lost a lot of blood.

He protected me and yet what have I done for him in return?

Death.

Dom didn't speak to anyone after london not even to Mike but he did keep April by his side. I even heard she's helping him around his house.

Aww she's no nice right?

Everyone wore black as you would at a funeral. This man was loved as the church were filled with everyone he'd met before.

And that's the thing I didn't even know him so why go this far for helping me, a somebody you don't know that well. I may have had small conversations with him but it's the main thing eating me up every night.

After the funeral many came back to Davis former house to share their lovely memories of Adrian.

"He was a good man , known him since I was eighteen-"  dom stopped himself before speaking again

"He was a good man , known him since I was eighteen-" dom stopped himself before speaking again. The pain in his eyes is were bright a day.

"Adrian was someone who put his life before others, literally. I remember when we were twenty we drunk until the morning claimed us. We did a lot of things together ,  as time passed we both took our own paths but some how we managed to always stay in touch.  He was always there when I needed him . Indeed an trusted ally .The true heart of our team as well as the brains and now the knight. My friend....you will be missed."

Dom nodded and stepped down from the podium as some old man soon took over.

"Dom-" April stood up trying to go after him but all he said was " please excuse me."

His face was red as a tomato. I never seen him like this yet his friend just died for the sake of my life. I was at fault.

I walked in after him as I saw him sitting in my dads piano room.

"Dom?"

He didn't turn as he knew it was me.

"I'm okay....". He looked at me and I did the same.

"It's okay to cry." Because I know you don't show your tears in front of anyone.

"I'm fine Ren." I nodded walking closer to him until I sat in front of him on the floor.

"You're not." He looked down at me as I seen his eye twitch. Licking his lips and running his hands through his messy hair.

He soon broke down while licking his lips.

"Of course I'm not okay , I just lost my Godfather and now my friend since I was practically a kid." He said through tears

"And weren't you the main one who didn't want to speak to me right ? I killed him is that what we're doing playing the blame game ?" He asked standing.

"I'm sorry , for everything I said. I'm also sorry for Adrian. If it wasn't for me he'd be here."

"Just shut up." He mumbled taking a seat.
He looked back at me "your still here why?"

"Look , I know your hurting and I'm not in the best shape my self to try and help but I lost my father, in fact I lost two but you don't see me in here being rude to you or anyone for that matter. It's hard enough trying to keep my fucking sanity in this place okay. So I'd like you to try and not be a bitch right now because it's taking everything in me to not burst out in tears and scream for gods sake. I came in here to comfort you..even though I need it myself! " I yelled leaving the him behind.

Leaving dom behind made things officially clear to me now.I needed to leave Florida. Nothing but tears and heartbreak was in this place.

Yet the local policemen kept coming by the house and I'm sure their worried of the whereabouts of Davis and all I did was tell Elenor to take care of it. The last thing I wanted to talk about was how he died and why he died in an abandoned building. There would be questions I wouldn't know how to answer.

Just before leaving the house my phone vibrated in my purse.Before checking the caller ID I answered

"Hello?" Answering the phone trying to keep my tears back.

Silence* I hated shit like this it made me paranoid and I was already ticked off I didn't need people playing in my phone. I could hear the breathing in their voice so I know it's someone there.

"Speak goddamit!" I yelled in the phone

"Little one?"