Shattered Part II - 16

The doctor walks into the house and I lead her to the stairs, before calling up to my sister. "Kat, Steph is here. We'll be in the living room."

"Okay, I'll be right down." She calls down to us. 

Leading Steph through the house we stop in the living room and I sit on the couch. While she prepares the equipment that's needed to make sure that we're okay and the babies are too after the accident we had earlier.

Kat walks into the living room. "Hey, Steph." She walks over to her friend and hugs her. "Thanks for coming."

"You're welcome." She drops her arms from around Kat. "Do you want to go first or does Eliza?"

"I'll go first," Kat jumps in. She takes a seat next to me. "Do you mind if I call my husband? He's going to want to know how I am. I have a feeling he's worried about the health of the baby and me."

Steph smiles at her. "That's perfectly fine," She finishes setting up the equipment.

Nina grabs her phone off the table and calls her husband. The phone rings a couple of times before he answers.

Sebastian: Hey, Baby. Are you okay? Is our baby?

Kat: Actually, Steph is about to check on the baby and I didn't want to do this without you.

Sebastian: Thanks for calling and letting me listen in. I just wish I was there with you.

Kat: You know the kids have school tomorrow and you're working too. I have a job as well, but I can't make it due to being stuck out here tonight. Oh, shit.

Sebastian: What?

Kat: I need to call Chad and tell him what happened.

Sebastian: Don't worry about it. I'll call him after we hang. He'll have to organise a replacement for half the day. I'm sure you'd want to go to work when you get home.

Kat: Actually, I won't be able to go to work. I have to find somewhere for my sister to live.

Sebastian: She can stay with us.

No, I don't want her to live close to me. She's hurt me enough and I won't allow her to do it again. I may have come here for my older sister because I didn't think a trip here would be safe for her to do alone.

Kat looks at me and she can tell that it's not an option for Nina to stay at the house and close to me.

Kat: No, she's not staying with us. I have one sister I need to protect and the other one just needs someplace to stay safe in.

Sebastian: What about the apartment she used to own? I remember you keeping it and paying the bills for it over the years. Is it still available for her?

Kat: Yes, it is.

Steph moves over to Kat with the wand in her hand. "Can you lie down, please? That way I can get a better view of the baby."

Standing up I move to the single chair and wait my turn.

Steph puts the gel on Kat's stomach and then uses the wand to find the baby. She moves it around a couple of times until she finds the baby. "The baby is healthy." She moves is around more, seeing if there's any bleeding or something else inside her stomach. "You're perfectly fine, Kat. There's nothing for you to be concern about."

"Thanks," Kat stands up and moves over to my chair. She sits on the armrest.

"Eliza, it's your turn." Standing up I move over to the chair and Steph checks me over. Before she puts the gel and wand onto my stomach. She searches for my baby and a smile spreads across her face. "There's your baby."

Evelyn walks into the room at that moment and looks at the monitor. She grabs my hand and says. "You're going to be an amazing Mom, Eliza."

"Thanks,"

She lets go of my hand and moves over to my sister. Touching her shoulder she says. "You're a great, Mom, to my Great Grandson and Daughter. They're lucky to have you as their, Mom."

Sebastian: That's sweet Grandma. I knew you liked my wife. Now, all you have to do is wait for Chad to find a woman. We all know you treat him like a Grandson too.

Evelyn: Hush, boy. The girls and are I talking.

We all start laughing, as he's still on the phone.

Kat stands up. "I'm going to finish talking to, Bas. I'll be back." She heads through the door and towards the kitchen.

Nina walks through the door and she stops when she sees what Steph has on my stomach. She's about to say something when I cut her off.

"Don't say a word, Nina. This is none of your business. You better keep your mouth shut about what you've seen."

Steph looks from my sister and to me. She can tell that there's something between us. "Eliza, you need to calm down. Being like this isn't healthy for the baby or you. You need to be calm. If you can't do that I'll have to send you to the hospital and that's something I don't want to do."

Closing my eyes I try to get rid of all the disdain I have for my sister and it doesn't seem to be working.

Eliza walks into the room and she can sense the tense atmosphere. She looks around the room and says. "What's happened?"

Steph is the one who speaks up, as no one else will. Including Evelyn. "You need to get her out of this room. She's upsetting your sister and it could lead to her having high blood pressure and I'll have to send her to the hospital. I'm sure that's the last thing we all need tonight."

"Come on, Nina," Kat says. "I'll show you to your room." She moves over to the door and waits for my sister to go with her.

Before Nina walks out the door she turns towards me and says. "I'm truly sorry, Eliza. I need you to know that. I made a lot of mistakes when it came to you. I don't want to weasel myself into your life, now that mine has turned to shit."

Closing my eyes I try to ignore everything she's said to me. "Please, go," I whisper.

I really can't listen to this.

Nina follows my sister out of the room and I start to breathe easier.

Evelyn moves over to me and helps me sit up. She places her hand on mine. "I have a separate part of the house that you can sleep in. I'll take you to it." Looking at Steph she says. "If that's alright with you?"

Steph nods. "That's fine. However, I think someone should stay with her for the night, just in case."

"I'll do it," Kat says, as she enters the room. "I should have made sure that our sister stayed in her room after she showered. I didn't think about it. I'm sorry, Liz." She walks over to me and pulls me in for a hug. "Can you forgive?"

"Always,"

 "Can you forgive?""Always,"