Shattered Part II - 40.

Derryn pulls the car in front of Rivera. He turns towards me and asks. "Is this the right place? I've never been here."

"Yes," opening the car door I step outside. I check my pocket for my wallet before walking into the restaurant. The last thing I wanted was to look like an idiot forgetting my wallet. I open the door and walk inside.

A woman with blonde hair and brown eyes is behind the counter. Reading her name tag I get her name. 'Skyler". She looks up from drying the cutlery. "Hi, welcome to Rivera. Do you have a reservation?" she's a beautiful woman with blonde hair that's tied up on top of her head, brown eyes that seem kind. She's slightly shorter than me.

"No, I'm here to collect for take-out."

"Give me a moment. I'll check with the kitchen." she walks away from me and walks through a wooden door that leads to the kitchen.

Pulling my phone out I go through it and send a couple of messages to the board. They were asking me about the meeting on Monday.

Skyler has the pizza and pasta in her hands. She gives it to me. "I didn't think the takeaway part of this restaurant wasn't going to work. You proved me wrong."

"Are you serious? It's going to be a success. I used to come here when it didn't have a takeout menu and now it does I'm going to take advantage of it. My girlfriend loves this place too."

A smile spreads across her face. "You should bring her here one day. I'd love to meet her."

"Book us a table in two weeks on a Friday night."

She opens the books and looks at them. "We have a special table for you. I'll book you in for it. What's the name?"

"Chad Whitehall."

Picking up the pen she writes my name onto the page. "The dinner is booked for seven. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"No, that's it. Thanks." Taking the food I walk out the door and head straight to the car. when I get to the car I give Eliza the food, while I put my seatbelt on.

Once my seatbelt is on the car pulls onto the side of the road and we head in the direction of my place.  "What are you doing on Friday night in two weeks?"

She looks at me. "Nothing, Why?"

"Will you go out with me?"

A smile spreads across her face. "Yes, I'll go out with you." she leans forward and watches what the kids are doing until we reach the house.

I'm glad she accepted the date. I was worried she wouldn't.

At the house, I reach over Eliza and open the door for her. I wait for her to climb out before I follow. Mia and Logan climb out of the car and then they run-up to the house leaving Eliza and me behind them.

When I reach the front door I put the key into the lock and unlock the house. We enter the house and I lead them through the halls until we reach the theatre room. A huge screen is hanging down one side of the room, just like in a real cinema. There are comfortable leather seats that pull out with cup holders in them. I have around twelve in the room.

It's been hard finding more of them, but I'm still on the search for more. As I want to make the cinema feel at home. There's a Dolby Surround System that makes the movie louder and the action is brought fully to the room.

Looking up at the small window I yell. "Sondra, can you put on The Lion King. The one that was recently released not the cartoon."

"Yes, Sir."

It takes a couple of minutes before the movie starts and we eat our food.

"How far from my sister's place are we?" Eliza asks, with interest.

A smile spreads across my face. "Ten minutes. When we were looking for places we wanted something close by and this was the closest. I tried to buy the house from the neighbours, but they wouldn't budge. I'm glad that we still live close by."

"Do you think either neighbour will sell now?"

Laughing I say. "I think there is. If you try the neighbour on the right-hand side. They have a daughter who moved to Georgia last year. I don't think they have it in themselves to sell, but if you offer I'm sure they'll consider it to be closer to their Grandchild."

The movie starts and our attention is turned back to the screen. I pull the recliner back and get comfy as the movie starts.

During the movie, Eliza starts singing along with the movie and she has an incredible voice.

She's good at it.

Logan nudges Mia and she turns towards her Aunt and watches her. The kids are laughing as they watch her.

When the song comes to an end, Mia asks. "Can you sing us to sleep tonight, Aunt Liz?"

A smile spreads across her face. "I'd love to. It can't be too long though. I have somewhere I need to be."

"Okay," Mia turns her attention back to the screen.

Looking over at her I say. "Do you need the day off tomorrow?"

"No," she places her hand on mine. "Kat's got her Doctor's appointment. You can't afford to lose me for the day. I'm just going to the hospital to see how he's doing before I go home for the night."

"I'll get my driver to take us."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I want to make sure you get home safely both times. The first when we take Logan and Mia home and then after we finish at the hospital.

Halfway through the movie Eliza's phone goes off and she looks at it. showing it to me she says. "My parents arrived at the hospital and they've been told that there aren't any updates to be given out."

Pulling her into my arms. "He's going to be fine. I'm sure of it."

Ding,

Her phone goes off again and she looks at it. turning towards me she says. "I have an appointment with a psychologist on Monday at 9 am. I'll be running late to work that day."

"Thanks for letting me know. I'll write a note about that now and put it in the diary at work. I know how much you need to talk to someone. I'm glad you're looking after yourself and getting the help you need."

"Thanks, Chad. It means a lot that you're noticing things that other's don't when it comes to me."

"You're important to me, Eliza. I'm going to try and make things easier for you. Even though all I want to do is make you my girlfriend and shout it from the rooftops. I know you're not ready for that. Which is why I'm holding myself back from doing all that stuff."

She doesn't say anything as she's watching the movie and it's holding her attention. She turns her head at the time when Simba's dad is killed because of his brother. "This part makes me cry all the time. Scar is an evil guy, who just want to be the King of the Lion's and he does a terrible job."

She's right about that. He does.

 He does