Shattered Part II - 95

Beep, Beep, Beep. That's the first thing I hear when I wake up. Touching my stomach I don't feel my daughter anymore.

Where is she? Where's my baby.

Taking a closer look at my surroundings I see that I'm in a hospital bed. Connected to some wires, that are hooked to machines.

The door opens and nurse walks into the room. she approaches the bed and looks me over. "How are you feeling, Eliza?"

"Okay, where's my daughter? I want to see her. My Mom, husband and sister."

"Can you give me your husband and sister's names. I will get them while the doctor checks you over."

"Thank you," I lie my head back on the pillow as I still feel tired. "My husband's name is Chad and sister is Kat. Mom's name is Amadene."

"I'll get the now." She walks out of the door, just as the doctor enters the room.

A smile appears on his face. "Good afternoon, Eliza. How are you feeling?"

"Tired, what happened to me?"

"After you gave birth you lost some blood. You passes out not too long after giving birth to your daughter. I had to give you some fluids as you were dehydrated when you were brought in." He does a few things and checks my vitals before saying. "You can see your family and daughter. I know the nurse went to get them. I'll be back before I leave to check on you again."

"Thanks, Doc." I turn my attention to door and wait for my family to come to me.

It's not long before the door opens and in walks Chad and Kat. A smile spreads across my face at seeing them.

Where's Mom? She's the one person that I want to see the most.

My eyes are still on the door, waiting for Mom to enter the room. When she doesn't walk through I say. "Chad?"

"Yeah," he moves over to me and I see our daughter in his arms.

"Is that?" Tears well up in my eyes. "Is that our daughter?"

"Yes," Chad places her in my arms.

Moving the blanket from close to my daughters face a smile spreads across my face as I look at the little cutie in my arms. My heart swells with love for the bundle in arms. "Hello, Aspen Katerina Donoghue. I'm your Mom." I kiss the top of her head. "You're beautiful."

"Just like her mother." Chad whispers to me. "Now, I have my two beautiful girls in my arms."

A medical crib is brought into the room with a sign attached to it in pink. It says. "It's a girl.' The nurse takes it off and looks at us. "Do you have a name for her?"

"Yes," I smile at her. "Her name is Aspen Katerina Donoghue."

The nurse writes on the sign and fills the rest of it out without asking anything else. Then she tapes it to the crib. "Can I get you anything before I leave?"

"I want to see my mother." I look between Kat and Chad. "Where's Mom?"

"Something happened, Eliza." Kat tells me.

"No," I hand our daughter to Chad. "No," I stand up from the bed. "I need to see her." I shout.

"You can't, Eliza. She's being treated by the Doctor's right now. We don't know what's going on with her." My sister tells me gently.

"Kat," I wrap my arms around her. "She can't leave us. I'm not ready for her to leave."

"I know," she whispers. Rubbing my back, trying to soothe me. "There's something I need to tell you."

"What?" I pull back from her and look into her eyes brown eyes.

"Jasper, Dylan Nina and Chloe are here. They wanted to see the baby. Dad was kicking them out before Mom collapsed and now they want to be here to see how Mom is doing."

I can't blame them for wanting to be here for Mom. I'm not going to get them kicked out because she's not doing so good. They need a chance to say 'goodbye' to her as well.

Turning towards Chad I say. "Can you get them to put Mom in the same room as me? I want to be the first to see her before..." I cut myself off as I can't finish the sentence.

"I'll see what I can do, Eliza." Chad stands up and put Aspen in the crib. He kisses my forehead before saying. "I'll be right back." He walks out of the room.

Grabbing my phone from my bag I go through the contacts until I find Nina's name. I press the call button and it rings a couple of times before she answers.

Nina: Hey, Eliza. How are you?

Me: I'm good. Is there any updates on Mom yet?

Nina: No, there's not. No-one has come out since she was taken from the waiting room.

Me: If you hear anything can you call me?

Nina: I will.

I hang up the phone and look at Kat. "Why won't anyone tell us how she's doing?"

She wraps her arms around me. "They will in due time. If you're lucky they will put Mom in the same room as you. Chad has a way with people."

I know he does. Which is why I love him so much. This year wouldn't have been what it was without him by my side.

The door opens and chad walks in. He moves straight to the bed and sits next to me. "They're going to bring her in shortly." He looks between Kat and I. "There's nothing they can do for her except make her comfortable."

That's when I break down crying with my sister and chad at my side.

Kat stands up. "I'm going to call Seb. I need him here with me now." Tears begin to fall down her face. "Thanks for getting Mom moved to the same room as Eliza."

"You know I'd do anything for Eliza and you. Seb is waiting with your father. I called him after I spoke to the Doctor's. I knew you would want him here."

"Thanks," she walks out of the room, leaving me with Chad and our daughter.

Chad lies on the bed with me and I snuggle into his side. Before long I fall back to sleep.

***

"Eliza," someone pulls me awake. "Your Mom has been moved into the room."

Looking across the room I see Mom on a bed hooked to machines. She opens her eyes and looks at me. "Eliza," she croaks.

Getting off the bed I see that I'm not hooked up to anything anymore and rush over to Mom. "Mom," I throw my arms around her in a hug.

"You have a beautiful girl there, Eliza. Please take care of her and yourself when I go."

"I don't want you to go, Mom." I cry. "You're supposed to be there when I get marry."

"I know I am. Sorry, I can't be though. My time is up."

Chad moves over to me. "How about we get married today? That way you're here with us Amadene."

A smile appears on her face. "I would like that. Eliza, what do you say?"

"Yes, I would love to do it with you being here, Mom."

He kisses my lips. "I'll get someone over here asap."