Shattered Part II - 48

Chad's POV

It takes me forty minutes to get to the hospital. When I get there I park my car and then head straight to the emergency room. I walk up to the nurse's desk and talk to a nurse. "Hi, I'm here to see Eliza Donoghue. She was brought here by an ambulance recently."

She types something into the computer. Looking back at me she says. "She's still waiting to see someone. Just wait in the waiting room. someone will come out when she's ready for visitors. There are another two people that are waiting for her too."

"Thanks," I step away from the desk and look around the room my eyes land on Mrs Donoghue. She's holding Kat's hand. I move towards them. "Kat, Mrs Donoghue."

Kat looks up and a smile spreads across her face. "I knew you wouldn't have been able to leave things alone with my sister. You have to know everything when it comes to her health and the health of the child."

Mrs Donoghue pulls me in for a hug. "Thank you for coming by and checking on her. how is the company going?"

"It's going good. since Eliza started working there more people are reaching out and wanting my services. It's good that I have the best two receptionist on my staff." I lower my voice and say. "If your daughter chooses to open her accounting firm I'll be behind her starting it up. I'll even give her a floor in my building. I have a lot of space in it and no company has captured my attention to let them lease out a floor."

A smile spreads across her face. "That's something you should tell my daughter and not me. however, I'm behind you with helping her with space with the company. with your help, I'm sure the two of you can start it up."

I know we can. I'm hoping that when the time is right that Eliza will do it with my help.

The doors to the emergency department open and tammy walks through the door. her eyes are watery. She looks upset about something. Standing up I follow her outside. "Tammy,"

She turns towards me. "What do you want?"

"Are you okay?"

Tammy leans against the wall and pulls a cigarette out of her pocket. "Not really. My father wants his best friend and has been asking about him all day. I don't know what to tell him about Mr Donoghue." She frowns and looks towards the emergency room. "What's Mrs Donoghue and Kat doing here?"

"Eliza was brought in today. she collapsed at work. we're waiting to find out what happened." I stand close to her and after a couple of minutes, Kat walks out the door.

She stops next to me. "What's going on out here?" turning towards tammy she says. "Hey, Tammy."

Tammy takes a puff of her cigarette, inhaling and then eventually exhaling. "Hey, Kat. Just taking a break from my father. He's complaining that his best friend isn't here for him. Do you know when you're father can get here?"

"I'll call the sitter and get her to look after the kids, but I don't know how he'll get here because Mom used the car."

"My driver is dropping Eliza's car at the house. I'll let him know about picking up your father. Let me know how long my driver needs to wait at the house before the sitter can get there."

Kat pulls the phone out of her purse and calls the sitter. She puts it on the loudspeaker and the phone rings a couple of times before a voice answers.

Sitter: Hello, this is Hannah.

Kat: Hey, Hannah. It's Kat.  Have classes finished for the day?

Hannah: Yes, it is. I'm on my way home. do you need anything?

Kat: Can you look after the kids until Sebastian get home tonight? I'm at the hospital with my sister.

Hannah: I can be there in half an hour.

Kat: Thanks, Hannah.

Hannah: You're welcome. Bye.

Kat: Bye,

Kat hangs up the phone and turns towards me. "It's your turn to call the driver and let him know that he has to pick up my Dad. Then I'll call Dad and let him know what's going on. Can you put it on the loudspeaker? I want to hear what you're telling him."

Going through my phone I look for Derryn's number again and then pull it up. I call him and the phone rings a couple of times before he picks up.

Derryn: I'm about to drop the car off at Kat's. is there anything you need?

Me: Yes, while you're at the house can you pick up Mr Donoghue? Drive him to the hospital.

Derryn: Sure,

Me: Thanks, also I'm not sure how long you'll have to wait as there is a sitter en-route to your location.

Derryn: That's not a problem. I can do that for you.

Me: Thank you, bye.

Hanging up I turn towards Kat. "You can call your father. I'm going back inside to talk to your Mom." I walk inside the emergency room and sit next to Mrs Donoghue.

She looks up as I take a seat. "Is everything okay with Tammy? She didn't look too happy when she walked out the door."

Shaking my head I say. "Her father is asking about Mr Donoghue. Kat's got the sitter set up and my driver will drive him here and Kat's on the phone right now telling him what's going on."

"Do you think she'll call her husband? I think he's the last person on that girl's mind right now. Her sister seems to be the important one on that list."

"I'll send him a message. Normally, I can't reach him on the phone because he's in a meeting or there's someone important with him and he doesn't have time to answer my calls with all the work he has going on."

Me: Hey, Seb. Kat's at the hospital with me.

Seb: Is she okay? What about the baby? We were just there this morning.

Me: it's not Kat that's in here. it's Eliza.

Seb: f**k, what happened to her this time? is she okay? The baby?

Me: I'm not sure. Her mother, Kat and I are waiting to hear from a doctor.

Seb: What's going on with the kids?  I'm sure Mr Donoghue is going to want to come there.

Me: He is. Kat called the sitter and she's on the way to the house as we speak.

Seb: That's great, I'll leave work early and take care of the kids. Do you know what's going to happen about dinner? Never mind. I'll take care of that myself. I don't want everyone to think I'm incompetent when it comes to cooking food.

Me: Okay, I'll talk to you later.

Seb: Bye,

Putting my phone back into my pocket. We see a Doctor walk out of the door and he looks around the room. "I'm looking for the family of Eliza Donoghue."

"That's us." I stand and help Mrs Donoghue up. she leans on her stick as she leads the way over to the doctor. He gives her the update on Eliza and tells us that she needs bed rest because of her high blood pressure. Other than that they didn't find anything wrong with her.

 Other than that they didn't find anything wrong with her