Shattered Part II - 43

Chad's Pov

We've been in the waiting room for an hour when a doctor walks through the doors. He looks around the waiting room before asking. "Can I speak to the family of Frank Bishop?"

Mr Donoghue rises from his seat and walks over to the doctor with Tammy. "I'm his brother and..."

He's cut off by Tammy. "I'm his daughter. How's Dad? Can I see him?"

"We removed the bullet. Luckily it didn't hit any major organs. He's about to be transferred to a private room. Once he's settled you'll be able to see him." He walks back through the door and Tammy sags into Eliza's father's arms.

"Thank god." She mutters over and over. "Are you staying with me tonight or do you need to go somewhere?"

Dad looks at Mom. "Do you mind if I stay the night?"

"Sure, ill organise a place to stay for us and send you the details when I get there."

"No, Mom." Kat steps forward. "Dad and you are staying at the house with the kids and me. whenever you come to the City I want you at the house, not some hotel. It doesn't matter if it's for a night or more. My house is open for you." she takes mom's hand.

Mom walks over to Dad and kisses him. "I'm going home with the girls. I feeling tired. If you need anything call me." she turns towards Tammy. "You too, sweetheart. you know how much we care for your father."

A smile spreads across her face. "I'm glad Dad you all in his life and I see why he loves Kat and Eliza like his own daughter. I know they would never be able to take my place in his life, but at least he had two girls that would help him heal from being separated from me." she looks towards Kat and me. "Thanks for being here for Dad. I would like to get to know you both. We should organise a day to grab a bite to eat."

"Of course." Kat pulls a card out of her purse and gives it to Tammy. "Send me a message and I'll book you in for that."

"Thanks, Kat." She moves over to us and hugs us. "Thank you for coming here tonight. It means the world to me that you care about my father and are willing to come to the hospital to make sure he's okay."

"Where were you during the hold-up?" I ask. Covering my mouth I say. "Sorry. I shouldn't have asked you that. It's not of my business."

She shakes her head. "I was at the bank. Around 4:30 pm, I head to the bank and put the cash in there. Dad hates having too much money in the tills. He's very cautious when it comes to that stuff."

That's a smart move. Making sure to only have a small amount left in the till. It's not like they know how much is in there, to begin with. Unless they work for the store.

"How come you arrived at the hospital not long after we did?"

"I was at the police station. They wouldn't let me out until I answered all their meaningless questions about whether or not my father's weapon was registered. Where he learnt to fire a weapon. They tried to make it sound like he purposely shot them dead. Dad was protecting himself and the store he started when he moved to the City." She looks between us. "I know my father moved here to keep an on you and your siblings. However, out of six kids, it's the two of you who are here."

Mom looks at her and says. "The others might not be here because they know we're here. before Eliza moved here we had problems with the kids and I told them that unless they make things right with their sister that I don't want them near me. I don't even know what my kids are up to now."

Dad kisses the top of her head. "We'll talk to them while we're here. I'm sure they will be ready to make things right with their younger ones. I should ask Eliza if she wants to see them?"

Letting out a breath I say. "It should be fine, but I think they'll mean to apologise to me when they come to Kat's for dinner."

A smile spreads across Mom's face. "You want me to cook dinner for you?"

"Yes," I say. Give them a call tomorrow and get them to the house. I think it's time that we set things right. Maybe..." I place my hand on my stomach. "they want to know that they're going to be Aunts and Uncles again. I can't wait until the new four additions are added to the family."

Tammy's mouth drops open and she looks at my stomach. "You're carrying four babies?"

Throwing my head back I laugh. "No, I'm having one. Kat is having one, Nina and then there's my brother's wife. she's having one as well. it looks like all you kids have been busy. I bet your parents are going to love living in the city being close to you when they move."

"They will," Kat says. "Eliza here is looking for a place to live and she wants Mom and Dad to move in with her. how's that for a great child."

Tammy smiles. "I like how good your relationship is. I wish my mother was like that, but she preferred drugs and alcohol. I was ignored most of the time and when I left home I knew I wasn't ever going back there."

We talk for a bit longer before Kat's yawning and says. "I need to get home. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I need to feel fresh for that." She hugs tammy and then moves over to Mom. "I'll help you to the car, Mom." Kat leads her out of the hospital.

"Bye, Tammy." I hug her.

"Bye, Eliza. It was nice to meet you." she drops her arms from around me.

Chad takes my hand as we make our way out of the hospital to the car. At the car I see the driver step out and open the door for them. the driver helps mom into the car and she thanks him. Chad stops for a moment and looks at me. "I'm glad you accepted my offer to drive you here tonight, Eliza. For a moment I thought you'd say no."

Looking at him I say. "I should be thanking you for coming with me, Chad. I don't think I would have been able to drive to the hospital. I'm glad that he's okay." I start to walk to the car. I climb inside and Chad takes the seat beside me. we talk to the house.

Mom tells us how much she's looking forward to packing her old house and moving to the city. There's a lot of stuff at the house that we're going to have to go through before the move and most of the things I mine. which will go perfectly into the house that I buy.

 which will go perfectly into the house that I buy