Shattered Part II - 92

Around noon, Chad pulls the car into the parking lot of Cedar Senai hospital in Los Angeles. He drives around until we find a parking spot.

Once the car is parked we climb out. Chad grabs some cash out of the glove box. "I'm going to buy something from the gift shop. I'll meet you in the room say in ten minutes?"

"Sure," he holds my hand as we cross the parking lot. As soon as we enter the building we go our separate ways.

I head towards the maternity ward. When I get close to the area I move towards the maternity desk and ask for the room number for my sister. They give it to me and I head towards the room.

As I get closer to it I overhear people talking about a woman who pretended her son was another man's and the guy was heartbroken when he found out the truth.

Chad. He's the one that they're talking about.

Following the directions, I walk towards the room and enter the door. I pull back a curtain and see Casey in the room with her son.

Fuck.

She looks at me closely. Taking in my baby bump that my arm is protectively wrapped around. Recognition hits her and she knows it's me.

Backing out of the room I crash into something. Looking up I see that it's Chad. His arms wrap protectively around us. He narrows his eyes at her before saying angrily. "What the fuck did you do to her?"

"Noth..." Chad shuts the curtain, but before they disappear I yell. "Eliza, he's going to find out about that baby and when he does there's going to be a lot of trouble for you. He's going to take that child from you."

No, he can't take the child from me.

She begins to laugh.

A sob breaks through and Chad pulls me into his chest. "Come on, Eliza. We'll find your sister." He pulls me away from the room.

It doesn't take long until we find the private room that my sister is in. She looks up as the door opens.

There was a smile on her face until she sees my tear stained face. She pulls the sheets back on the bed and says. "Who do I need to hurt?"

Running into my sister's arms I tell her what happened and she tries to calm me down. "Eliza, he's not going to find out about your daughter. I'll help protect both of you from that cruel man. I'm sure his family want to protect you as well."

"But..."

"There are no buts in the situation, Eliza. That niece of mine is going to stay with you. I'll fight with you to get custody taken away from him if he does come for her."

"Waaah," a little cry comes from the crib in the room.

Katrina walks over to the crib and lifts her daughter out. She cradles her in her arms as she approaches the bed. "Eliza, I want you to meet Luna May Vance. Luna, this is Aunty Eliza."

A smile spreads across my face as I look at the little bundle of joy. "Hello, Luna. Aren't you a cutie?"

"Do you want to hold her?" Katrina moves her into my arms.

At first, I'm a little scared of holding her. She's small and fragile. She looks at me and then around the room before he eyes close.

"She loves you already, Eliza. You're natural at this."

Looking at my stomach I say. "I hope you're right sis. If I'm not I'll have help from Mom and you."

I hope Mom is around to see my daughter being born.

Looking over at Chad I say. "Do you want to hold her?"

"Sure," he moves over to me and takes Luna from my arms. "She's beautiful, Kat. We all know that Sebastian and you create beautiful kids. I hope when the time comes for Eliza and I to have more kids that they will turn out more like her than."

"No, I want them to be like you. Especially, the boys. You're the type of person that I want my kids to be. You love me while I'm carrying another man's child. I see the longing in your eyes for a child of your own, but at the same time, you're not pressuring me into having another one. You're taking things one day at a time and that's something I'm thankful for." I kiss his lips. "I love you, Chad."

"I love you, too."

The door to the room opens and Sebastian walks in. He has a couple of coffee cups in a cup holder. "I bought coffee and hot chocolate for the beautiful woman."

"Thanks, Seb." I take the cup from him and blow into the small hole. Before I take a drink.

He takes a closer look at my face and it's probably still red from the crying I was doing earlier. "Are you okay, Eliza? Do I need to hurt my best friend?"

"No, this has nothing to do with him. I accidentally walked into the wrong room and I saw Casey."

"Oh," how mount drops open. "I'm sorry you had to see her this afternoon. She's caused a lot of drama since she's been here. Women are pissed at her for hurting, Austin. They think it's a cruel thing that she did to him."

It was cruel, but I'm not going to put myself in the way of his problems.

"I heard some of the talks when I walked in. Have either of you spoken to him? How's he holding up?" Chad looks at me as I ask them that. Not an ounce of jealousy is on his face, which makes me happy.

Kat turns her attention to me. "He's not holding up well. His entire life has been turned upside down within a couple of hours. I know he's going to need help through this. I've told him to get help because I want him to meet his daughter in the future, but only when he's in the right mind frame."

I'm glad she checked up on him and is telling me how he's doing.

Pulling out her phone she walks over to me. "You should see what happened this morning. Between Casey and Austin. I've been thinking about showing this to Clarke. He deserves to know the type of woman he's lying in bed with."

Playing the video I watch the whole video of her admitting to taking everything from Austin. From his baby, house and money. All the things he worked hard for.

How is he going to come back from all of this?

I look at the door and see Clarke walking into the room. "Do you mind if I talk to Clarke about this? I want him to see it for himself."

"Okay," a smile spreads across her face. "I like the way you're going to make her suffer by taking the man she wants away from him. Just like she did to you. I doubt she'd be able to find a better person than the men she was with before she got pregnant and became unstable."