Shattered Part II - 22

Chad's POV

There's a knock on the office door and I say. "Come in." the door opens and Lisa walks in. she's wearing a short black skirt, which leaves little room for the imagination, a white button-up blouse that's twisted in a knot at the bottom, revealing her pierced belly button. On her right wrist is a heart with her initials in it and someone else's.

She smiles as she takes the seat across from me. "Chad, it's been a while since I've taken a break from work and I was wondering if I can take a holiday next month?"

"That's fine. Just fill out the appropriate forms and leave them on Kat's desk."

Lisa looks out the door and see's Mom sitting at her desk. "What's your Mom and Dad doing here? where's Kat? She seems to be taking a lot of time off work this year. which isn't normal for someone like her."

How's it any of her business what's going on with Kat? It's not like Kat answers her phone's and works closely with her.

"Lisa, when it comes to Kat you have no right's to know what's going on with her. That's between her and me I. I'll see you later." I dismiss her and wait for the door to the office to close before I call Mom.

The phone rings a couple of times before Mom picks up the phone.

Mom: Good Morning, Whitehall industries this is Gail.

Me: Mom, we need to talk.

Mom: Damn, I was hoping that woman wouldn't cause me problems.

Me: You should have given me the heads up about Lisa. I hate it when the woman shows up unexpectedly.

Mom: What on earth am I supposed to say when she comes to the office?

Me: Kat, calls me all the time and she has a code word for her.

Mom: What's that?

Me: A storm is brewing

Mom laughs at that. "Give me a minute. I need to write that down. What else does she have on other people? I'd love to use these when I work here again."

Me: Mom, are you serious? You shouldn't be knowing all our secrets.

Mom: Yes, I should. Especially, when I need to take over someone's job for the day. You know I can't wait to see how things work with Eliza taking over this position. I'm sure she'll be using the same code words as her sister.

I don't think she will. Eliza seems to be the type of person that would come up with something different and I'll have to get used to what she calls people.

After lunch, I hear my mother talking to someone and I open the office door to see who she's talking to. To my relief it's Kat she's talking to and standing close by is Eliza.

Eliza's wearing a black skirt that reaches above her knees and she's wearing a plain black t-shirt with flip flops.

My breath hitches as I look at the most beautiful woman. Stepping out of the office I say. "Kat," moving over to her I hug her.

I'm glad she's here, safe and well.

"I'm glad you're here," I tell her. Stepping away from Kat I look over at Eliza. "Hi, Eliza." My face turns a bit red.

"Hi, Mr Whitehall," Eliza says.

I hate that she's calling me that, but I think it has something to do with her thinking I should be treated with respect considering this is my office.

"Nah ah," stepping closer to her I say. "you're never going to call me that again, sweet cheeks. Just call me Chad. You can refer to me as Mr Whitehall when you're on the phone." Turning towards I add. "Why didn't you tell me you were bringing, Eliza?"