Shattered Part II - 63

Friday

After work, Kat drives us home and she follows me into the pool house. Opening the closet she goes through all my clothes looking for something that I can wear on my date with Chad. "No," she pulls the dress across and moves onto the next one. "Never," moves another coat hanger. "Oh, my god." She pulls out a long sweater dress and shows it to me. "What is this?"

"I got for a winter date I had a few years ago. It was a comfy dress and the guy had easy access." I tell her honestly. "He bent me over the kitchen counter..."

"Shut up," Kat says through a laugh. "You know how to wind me up. Don't you? On a serious note. You're never going to wear this on a date again." she keeps going through the clothes and none seem to satisfy.

Standing up I head to the bathroom. "I'm going to get ready, Kat. If you find something leave it on the bed for me. I love you." I blow her a kiss before entering the bathroom and locking the door.

Adjusting the water temperature I wait for my preferred temperature before stepping inside. I shave my legs and under my arms. Then I wash my hair and body before stepping out and grabbing the towel.

I look at the bed and see a black dress on the bed with a white thin jacket. A pair of black flats are set on the floor and the clothes is a note from my sister. Opening I begin to read.

Dear Lizzie,

This is what I found for you to wear tonight. I hope you like the outfit. Also, I'm hoping that this date goes better than the one you had with Chad when we went to the Vineyard. If he's going to sleep over tell him that he needs to stay for the party tomorrow night. Our Family Reunion is happening before Mom and Dad head back home.

Frank is doing much better and I invited him over to the house with his daughter. Do you think if they see how a family acts that he would be able to do the same with his daughter?

Never mind. That's something I shouldn't have said in this letter. I'll get back to the point. Have fun.

Love

Xoxo

Kat

PS. There are condoms on the nightstand. I want you to be safe tonight. I know you want to fuck Chad.

After reading that part I tear the paper into small pieces before throwing it into the bin.

There's no way I'm letting Chad read that. My sister can't control what she says or writes in letters.

Ding, my phone goes off and I pick it up from the nightstand. 'Chad' appears on the screen with half his message. Opening the message I read it.

Chad: I'm leaving home now. I'll be there in twenty minutes. Just need to fill up the car.

Me: Okay, see you soon.

I quickly get changed into the clothes that are set on my bed. Once they are on I quickly put my hair up and apply make-up thinly to my face, giving me a natural look.

There's a knock on the pool house door and I look over at it before yelling. "Come in." the door opens and my mother walks in. She has a camera in her hand. Standing up I spin around for her before asking. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful, Liza." She brings the camera up to her face and looks through it. "Say cheese."

"Cheese," she takes the picture of me and a smile spreads across her face. Moving over to me she wraps her arms around me. "I'm glad that I get to see you go on your first date with Chad. I hope I'll be around for many more."

"You will be." I stay in my mother's embrace. "You need to be here when my little one comes into the world. For an engagement and a wedding in the future. More Grandchildren for you."

She doesn't say too much after that. It's like she's gone into her world. Pulling away from me she says. "How long until Chad get here?"

Looking at the phone I say. "He'll be pulling into the driveway shortly." Just then we hear a car pull into the driveway. We wait in the house until Chad knocks on the door.

Mom opens the door and says. "Hello, Chad. It's nice to see you again." She hugs him and then whispers. "You better take care of my girl."

The back door to the main house opens and I see Dad walk down the path that leads to the pool house. He has his arms crossed. "Chad," he says, "It's nice to see you again." He shakes his hand. "I'm glad that it's you putting a smile on Eliza's face. It has been a long time since someone could do that for her."

Chad looks towards the room where I'm hiding behind the door. "Eliza is one of a kind, Sir. She sincere, beautiful and has a light around her that makes you want to get to know her. I'm in love with her, but I'm not sure if that's something she needs to hear from me right now."

I love him too.

Stepping out from behind the door I walk towards him and say. "I need to hear how you feel, Chad. The truth is I love you too." I walk into his arms and kiss him.

He deepens the kiss. Slowly, he pulls away. "We shouldn't have done that in front of your parents."

A giggle comes out of my mouth. "Mom and Dad wouldn't mind. All my life I have seen them make-out in front of me and after it gets heated they head upstairs."

"Eliza," Mom scolds. "Again, sharing too much information." She puts the camera back up to her face and takes more photos of us. "Now, I have new addition photos to add to the mantel at home. All my kids with their other halves. I'm looking forward to adding the new one with you and the baby."

I'm looking forward to seeing that picture. The one where Chad and I are sitting together looking at our daughter with love like all new mother's do.

Chad holds his hand out to me and says. "Are you ready?"

"Of course," I grab my purse and let Chad lead me out of the house. "Bye, Mom, Dad." We head towards the car.

He drove his Mazda MX-5 2021 model car. It's red and very shiny.

I think he paid someone to take care of the car for our date tonight.

Before we pull away from the house Sebastian's pulling the car into the driveway and he stops his best friend. Before we can pull away from the house. They talk for a couple of minutes before we're heading towards the restaurant.

The drive is quiet. It's not an uncomfortable silence either. I look out the window and admire the view as we head to the restaurant.

When we get there Chad steps out of the car. He rounds it and opens the door for me. He wraps his arm around me, making sure that people know that I'm with him.

It usually bothered me when guys did this, but with Chad, it's having the opposite effect.