Shattered Part II - 59

Doctor Feldman walks out of her office with a patient and she laughs at something he said. She moves a piece of hair from her face before she says. "I'll see you tomorrow, Garth. Don't forget to use those breathing exercises I gave you recently and tell people how you feel instead of bottling it up."

She should have said all that to him in the office instead of waiting until they were out here. Where I am sitting. What's happening to him shouldn't be talked about in front of another client. I know for a fact that I don't want her to splash my news across the waiting room.

"I won't. Thanks again, Doctor Feldman." As he starts to leave his eyes to connect with mine and he looks annoyed that I was there for his conversation. He puts his jacket on and rushes to the lift.

Doctor Feldman man looks over at me and says. "Are you my newest patient, Eliza Donoghue?"

"That's correct." Standing up I move towards her and say. "Do you normally announce stuff like that when people are in the waiting room? Because if you announce my problems to a room full of people I'll have a problem."

She gulps and looks down at the floor. Her face turns red. Sighing she runs her hand over her face. "With him, I can't do it in a room. He doesn't feel comfortable when I remind him in his safe zone. Out there is neutral territory for him. So, what I need to tell him needs to be out there." She leads the way to the office. "I'm sorry if I looked unprofessional to you in the waiting room. I have to take the ques from my clients and with you, I know things need to be kept behind closed doors."

"Thank you," I enter the room and take a seat on the sofa across from her chair. Leaning forward I grab a piece of candy off the table and unwrap it, before putting it in my mouth. The room is painted a light purple and some certificates line the wall.

She even went to the university I was supposed to go to before my life took a different path than I had planned for myself. She looks at the wall where my eyes are plastered. "Did you go to Stanford too?"

Shaking my head I say. "My life took a different path after graduation."

Pulling out a notepad and pen she starts to scribble some notes on it. "Should we start our session there? After to graduation to now?"

"Sure, but I don't think the path will be what you're concentrating on. It's the boy/man in the story that's part of the problem." I sit back against the chair.

She laughs lightly. "I know that's inappropriate, but isn't that where some of our problems begin. The opposite gender."

"At times, but it can also be from the people we live with or people we were raised by. Everyone has a story and we're never go to know them. Which is why we should treat them the way we'd like to be treated."

"Good answer. I'm surprised that someone who can give good advice would need therapy. However, I shouldn't judge you and let you share your story with Me." she moves the glasses from the top of her head and puts them on.

*Flashback*

I was drinking with my friends at the graduation party when I got a text. Opening it I see it's from my sister, Chloe.

Chloe: You need to get to St. Louis hospital. Mom had a stroke and we don't know if she's going to survive.

Me: I'm heading over there now.

Chloe: Good,

My phone chimed again and I see another message, but this time from the sister I'm closest to.

Kat: Where are you? I'll pick you up. You shouldn't be going anywhere alone.

Me: I'm walking down the street.