Shattered Part II - 56

Sunday

Today is the day that I get off bed rest and I'm looking forward to the day. Climbing out of bed I stretch and look at the time. The red digits read 9.05 am. Grabbing a towel I head in the direction of the bathroom. I lock the door before adjusting the temperature of the water and step inside. I quickly wash my hair and body before stepping out.

Picking up the towel I wipe my body before wrapping the towel around me and heading to the bedroom. When I get to the room I see Chad sitting on the bed.

He has a book in his hands. A smile spreads across his perfect face. "Hey, Liza. Will you spend the day with me?"

Dropping the towel in front of him I say. "I'm not sure." I grab a pair of black boy shorts and slide them over my long legs. "Are you going to carry me around? Or am I allowed to walk on my own?" Grabbing the black bra I put my arms through it and hook the bra at the back.

What am I going to wear?

Chad groans. "Liza, what are you doing to me?"

My back is turned to him, so he doesn't see the smile that's made its way across my face. I turn towards him innocently. Batting my eyes I say. "What are you talking about, Chad?"

He shifts uncomfortably on the bed. "You know what's you're doing to me, you little minx. You're teasing me and it's making me hard."

"Thanks for sharing that tidbit, Chad. You know sharing too much isn't a good thing."

Chad lifts me and places me on his legs. "When it comes to you I'm going to share everything, Liza. Even if it makes me lose my man card." he winks at me. "I heard you're sister is coming by."

Damn, I forgot that Nina was coming by. I hope she's not going to expect that I stay here while she is.

Ding, my phone goes off and I reach for the nightstand and pull my phone off it. Looking at it I see 'Mom' on the screen. Opening the message I look at it.

Mom: I want you to come to the house.

Me: Why?

Mom: You're sister will be here shortly. Can you forgive her for being a brat?

Me: I have forgiven her. She sent me a message a couple of days ago. She was worried about me when she heard that I was in the hospital.

Mom: Why didn't you tell me?

Me: I didn't think it was important. I was the one that told her to talk to Kat about coming over. When she came over I planned on staying in the pool house. Now, I can't do that?

Mom: Why?

Me: Chad showed up. He wants to do something with me, but I'm thinking that staying here might be interesting.

Mom: I'll see you at lunch. I'll keep Nina busy until then. I'm sure Chad and you want some time alone.

My face begins to heat up and Chad lets out a small laugh. "Shut up." I place my head in the crook of his neck. "You're not supposed to read the messages from my mother."

He shakes his head. "I have the same problem with mine. You should read the messages she has said about me."

"You'll have to show me?" Moving my hand in the gesture of 'show me.' I wait for him to get his phone and when he doesn't I give him my best puppy dog look.

Growing up my family gave in to what I wanted when I pulled this look on them. They couldn't resist the look. I hope my child can do the same to convince our family member of what they want.

"I'm not going to show you, Liza. You should forget that I said anything." He moves his phone further into his pocket."

I'm going to get that phone eventually.

Me: Mom, we're not going to do anything.

Mom: You should let him. Gotta go. Your father is looking great right now.

I didn't want to know that.

Chad looks over my shoulder and reads it. He begins to laugh. "Yep, our parents are going to get along like a house on fire. I can't wait for them to get together."

Great, that's something I'm going to be embarrassed by. Our parents are going to tell stories about us when we were younger and make us embarrassed. Mom's a huge fan of bringing up memories from our childhoods. The ones she hasn't had a chance to embarrass is Nina and Chloe. Mom hasn't met their partner's parents before.

Moving off Chad I put my phone back on the nightstand. "What do you want to do until lunch is ready? Knowing Mom she's going to cook up a great feast for us to eat. We probably won't even eat dinner tonight."

Chad holds his arms out to me. "I want you to curl up against me. I've been missing you the last couple of nights. Being next to you was becoming one of my favourite moments of waking up every morning."

"No one's stopping you from sleeping in my bed beside you. I know you have a busy schedule and don't want to mess things up when it comes to working." I move over to the bed and lie next to him. "I'm getting used to you being there all the time, Chad." Lying my head on his arm I look into his eyes. "I think I'm ready for you to become more."

A smile spreads across his face and it lights it up. There's a dimple at the side of his mouth. "I'm glad to hear it, girlfriend. When you're ready to get physical, let me know. I'm not going to rush you into fucking me, beautiful."

I'm glad he said that. I was worrying that he'd want to move into that part of our relationship right away.

"Thank you, Chad. That's exactly what I wanted to hear from you. I..."

Chad places a finger over my mouth. "You don't have to say it, Liza. I feel the same."

Why couldn't Chad show up before I went through everything I did with Austin? This baby could have been his and not Austin's.

He doesn't say anything else but holds me like he wanted to. His phone vibrates in his pocket. He pulls it out and looks at it. "Damn, it's my mother. I have to talk to her." Chad climbs out of bed and heads towards the living room.

As I'm about to close my eyes I feel a flutter in my stomach and a smile spreads across my face. "Hello, baby. It's Mommy. Can you please stop kicking me? I want to have a rest before lunch." My baby doesn't listen to me and I start to feel butterflies each time it moves.

A couple of minutes later, Chad walks back into the room and he looks at me. "What's going on with you?"

"The baby is moving. Do you want to feel?"

Chad moves towards me and places his hand on my stomach. The baby kicks again. "Does that feel weird to you?"

"Yes,"