Shattered Part II - 75

Chad's POV

Looking at the clock on the lower right hand of the computer I see the time. It says noon, and Eliza hasn't shown up at the office yet. I look back outside the room and see Kat on the phone and then my phone rings. She points at telling me that I need to take the call.

Putting the phone up to my ear I say. "Hello, Kat."

Kat: I have Derryn on the line. You need to answer the call.

Me: Okay, put him through.

Kat: Bye,

She hangs up and transfers the call to my office. The phone rings and I answer it.

Me: Hello, Derryn.

Derryn: Sir, there was an incident with the car.

I try to calm myself down as I hear those words from him, but it feels like someone put their hand through my chest and they're about to my heart out of my chest.

I hope Eliza is safe.

Me: Derryn, tell me what happened?

Derryn: I didn't pick Eliza up.

After he said that I don't wait for him to continue and yell into the phone.

Me: IF IT WASN'T YOU THAT PICKED UP ELIZA. WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?

Derryn: I don't know, Sir.

Fuck, it's hard to believe that someone took my girl and I wasn't there to help her out.

Derry: Someone hit me over the back of the head. When I came to the car was missing and I think that his person had it planned because a lot of people wouldn't try what he did.

Me: Nevermind, My voice is lower as I see Eliza through the window. I begin to calm seeing her. She just walked through the door. We're going to find out who took her. Security needs to step up from this afternoon. I don't want anyone near her except me.

Derryn: Yes, Sir. I'm sorry I didn't do a good enough job looking after her.

Me: Derryn, I forgive you. We both know you wouldn't do something like this on purpose. Get checked by the Doctor and I want the full report sent to me before the end of the day.

Eliza has her hand in Kat's as they make their way to the office.

Derryn: Yes, Sir. Bye,

Me: Bye,

When she enters the room I hang up the phone and round the table to her. "I got off the phone with the driver. He told me that he got hit over the head with something and when he woke up he was on the side of the road without his car. When he came through he called me because he was worried about you."

"When I got out of the car just now I knew something wasn't right, Chad. The partition window was up until we got into the parking lot here. The guy pulled it down..."

I need to find out who this guy is. I don't want Eliza to be in any more trouble. We just got out of it with the last people.

Kissing her temple, I whisper. "You don't need to talk about it now."

"He made me feel uncomfortable. His eyes were on me until I got into the lift. Whoever he probably wants to talk to you. That's why he did what he did."

"I'm sure he does." Rubbing my hand across my face. "I'm going to see if he's still around. He needs to know that it isn't appropriate for him to hurt my men and take the woman I love for a ride to the office and scare her."