Shattered Part II - 67

Chad and I walk out of the pool house and head towards the car. He pulls his keys out of his pocket and unlocks the car door. Placing a kiss on my lips he says. "I'll be back soon, beautiful. I love you."

A smile spreads across my face. I'm never going to get sick of hearing those words come out of his mouth. I know they are true words and not something that's just to get me into the sack. "I love you too, Chad. Drive safe and come back to me."

"Always,"

"And forever." I kiss him again before he climbs into the car and drives away. Leaving me on the driveway alone.

Kat walks around the corner and stops close to me. "Where is he going?"

"To sort out something that happened last night."

"Oh," she smiles slightly at me. "Was it something bad? Because that's the only thing I can think of that can make him rush out like a bat on wheels."

Wrapping my arms around her I pull her toward the pool house. "Let's talk inside. I don't want prying ears to overhear what I'm about to tell you."

When we get to the pool house I make sure the door is locked before sitting on the couch and waiting for my sister to join me.

Kat sits across from me and a smile spreads across her face. "You had sex with him didn't you?"

A blush appears on my face and I look away embarrassed. "Is it that obvious?"

Standing up she moves towards me and pulls me into her arms. "I'm glad that you took the next step in your relationship. I bet it was hard to let someone in other than the one person you loved from you're childhood."

I don't think I ever love Austin. Because the way I feel about Chad is different. When he's not around I feel like the fresh air has been taken away from me and when he's near it's like a breath of fresh air coming into my lungs.

My heart races when I'm close to him and it aches when we're apart. Even if it's for a short period.

At times I think I'm clingy when it comes to him, but after all, I've been through who can blame me.

"You have to tell me everything, Liza. Don't hold anything back from me. I need to know everything."

Throwing my head back I laugh. "You can't get to know everything. Are you willing to share a sex story with Bas and you?"

She shakes her head. "That's too personal."

"And you don't think it's the same with Chad and me?"

"Of course it's the same. I've heard rumours from another woman about the size of his cock and how well he uses."

"Lalalalalalalala." I shake my head trying to get the image of another woman out of it. Why would my sister do that to me? "Kat, I'm not interested in what other women have to say about our boss. Besides, I thought you were too old for gossip."

She slaps me upside the head and says. "I'm not too old for anything and never say anything like that to me again or I'll kick your ass."

"I'd love to see that. Maybe, we should buy sumo wrestler outfits and go at it. At least that will keep the babies safe while we go at it."

Kat throws her arms around me. "Damn, I'd love to do that, but I'm afraid that Sebastian will stop us from doing something like that."

"We could send the men on holiday's while we do that. Do you think anyone will photograph us and send it to them?"

"No," she shakes her head. "Do you know where to hire the outfits?"

"Of course. Are we going to do it?

"Yep," throwing her hands over the couch. "You said it and I'm ready for it to become reality. I think the kids will enjoy seeing us in something like that too. What do you reckon?"

"They would and I have a feeling that they might want to have a turn inside it. Are we going to do this?"

"Yes," she pulls her phone out of her pocket and goes onto safari. While she's researching about the wrestler suits a smile spreads across her face. "it's going to take a couple of months before we get to use one. I booked our name for it and I'll make sure that Sebastian and Chad have a good weekend without us. Maybe, Dad should join them. By the time we get the outfit, our parents would be living with you and we don't need Dad fussing over us either."

"Okay, make sure it's far away, but not too far that it will take a couple of days for them to come back to us."

Kat goes through the phone and sets something up for the men in our lives. She prints off the tickets. "I'll put them in my drawer in the bedroom. I don't think Sebastian will be searching through my stuff. Mom is making sandwiches for lunch today and she wants you to join us in the house for it. I know you don't have plans while Chad is off sorting something out." Grabbing my hand she pulls me through the pool house and towards the main house.

When we get there we see Mom standing in the kitchen with an apron on. She has the hugest smile on her face. "Thank you for throwing this small party for me. It means a lot to have all our kids together again." she looks guilty as her eyes land on me. "Please, don't think I'm taking their side. It's just..." she pauses for a moment. "I miss my kids and the way they used to have each other's backs. What happened to those kids?"

Kat opens and closes her mouth a couple of times. Trying to figure out what to say, Mom. When she comes up blank I cut in.

"They grew up. Some of us stayed our true selves. While the other's got greedy. They didn't want to ask for help, so they took what they want and they continue to do it until this day. It doesn't matter who they step on. As long as they're happy we should be too. Which isn't the case. From now on we should outsmart them and teach them that they can't get everything they want. They need to work hard for it. Just like I have."

A smile spreads across her face. "I have a smart daughter here. Maybe the others need to take lessons from you. What are you doing in the kitchen, Liz?"

"I want to help you make lunch. It's been a long time since I've been in the kitchen with you, Mom. And learning from you is my favourite pastime.

She crosses her arms and gives me a hard look. "I'm not old, Eliza. Working with me isn't a pastime. It's still part of the future."

We hug each other and then she asks. "How was your date with Chad? Tell me everything and don't leave out the juicy detail."

Oh. Lord, here we go again.

 Lord, here we go again