Shattered Part II - 32

There's a shiny black car parked in the driveway that has 'Whitehall,' written at the side of it. Moving over to the car I see an envelope on the window. Picking it up I see that it has my name on it. Opening it there's a set of BMW keys inside and a letter.

Taking the letter out I read it.

Dear Eliza,
           I had a friend drop the car off to you while you were still in bed. This car is yours to drive all the time. To work or the mall. I have insurance that's covered for the vehicle too. You'll find it in the glove compartment.

When you come to the office today I want you to park next to your sister. She'll lead the way to the parking spot for you. Stay safe on the road, Eliza.

Tell Kat that she can get your badges from downstairs during the day and that I look forward to having lunch with her too.

Does he have lunch with my sister? I'm going to have to ask her about it.

Kat walks out of the house with the kids. She looks over at me and says. "Nice car. You'll have to follow me to the daycare. While I drop these two off."

Moving over to Logan I pick him up and put him in the car. I strap him in before turning towards Kat. "Chad said that you can get my badges downstairs during the day."

She moves to the driver's seat. "That's great. What else did he say? I know there's more. Like where you're parking and maybe something about lunch?"

She knows him very well.

"I'm supposed to park next to you and also he's looking forward to having lunch with you. Do you have lunch with him all the time?"

"Yes," she puts her seatbelt on. "Better hurry up. I know you don't want to be late for your first day at work. We all know how bosses hate their employees being late."

Walking over to my car I climb in and put the letter in the console next to me. I start the car and wait for my sister to pass me first. Then I follow her down the driveway and onto the main road.

It takes ten minutes before we pull into the parking lot of the daycare centre. I park the car and wait for my sister to run the kids inside. Grabbing the letter I continue to read it.

The kiss the other night wasn't planned and I need you to know that. I don't want to confuse you or anything. All I want to say about it, it was perfect and I'm looking forward to doing that more if and when you're ready for more of it. Or you become my girlfriend.

I'm not going to pressure you into anything and you know these words are true. Because I've said them to you countless times.

When you come into the office I want to see you before you start. There are a few things I want you to do for me. It won't be too hard.

See you soon.

Chad.

There's banging on the window and I look up to see my sister. She opens the door and takes the letter from me. "This is what captured your attention while I was dropping the kid's off." She points at the window. "You're niece and nephew are at the window. They want to wave at you."

Looking at the window I see them and they have their faces pressed against the window, giving them a weird-looking nose. I laugh. "Those two are cute." Sticking my hand out the door I wave at them and then blow them a kiss.

They catch it and put it on their lips. Then blow me one back. I capture it with my hand and place it on my heart. Telling them that I love them. Starting the car I wait for my sister to climb into hers. Then I follow her to the office.

***

At the office, I park my car next to Kat's. Getting out I grab my bag and follow Kat to the lift. The doors open right away and we step inside. It takes us to the top floor and when the doors open we exit it and head straight to Chad's office.

Knocking on the door I wait for him to answer. The door opens revealing Chad and he's wearing an Armani suit and his hair is sticking up all over the place. "Come in, Eliza. Take a seat and I'll grab those papers for you."

I enter the room and see papers piled across his desk, giving it a messy look and there's trash on the floor. "What time did you get here this morning?"

"Ah," he looks at me from across the desk. "I've been here since seven. I had a few things that I needed to get a head start on before my newest employee came to work." Picking up some stuff off the table he gives it to me. "I need you to file those and after that, you'll be on the phone like your sister."

"Do you want a coffee or anything?"

"No," he points at the ones that are in the trashcan. "I've had enough. Get to work, Eliza. I don't need you slacking on your first day."

"Okay," standing up I head for the door with all the folders that he needs me to file. "Tell Kat that I would like to see her now."

"Yes, Mr Whitehall." Opening the door I step out of the room and head over to Kat with the folders under my arms. I see the filing cabinets behind her. "Mr Whitehall would like to see you now."

Kat stands up and she places her hand on my arm. "Are you going to call him Mr Whitehall all the time?"

"Only in the office. When he's at home I have no problem calling him by his name." Looking down the hall I see the woman that tortured me when I was here a couple of days ago. She has a mug in her hands and is smiling at the man that she's with.

I hope he keeps her distracted for some time? I don't want to deal with her this early in the morning.

The phone starts to ring and I move over to my seat and answer it. "Hello, Whitehall Industries. Eliza speaking."

Voice: Hey, sis. Nice job at answering the phone.

Me: Thanks, Kat. Is this a test that Mr Whitehall and you are conducting?

Voice: Eliza, please call me Chad. It's the name I prefer people to call me at the office.

Me: No, thanks, Mr Whitehall. I'm going to continue calling you that and there's nothing that will ever make me change it. I have work to do. You can't keep wasting your time with me.

Chad: I'll be happy to waste my time with you.

Hanging up the phone I look at the window and see my sister saying something to Chad. I turn my attention back to filing the documents for Chad.

 I turn my attention back to filing the documents for Chad