Shattered Part II - 65

Chad keeps looking in the rearview mirror as we continue our way home. His hands turn white on the steering wheel. "I'm sorry that there was another incident on our date. I think we're cursed when it comes to dates."

I let out a small chuckle. "Third time will be the charm, Chad. My hands are still shaking. That's the first time I've witnessed something like that. Why aren't you affected by it?"

He pulls the car to the side of the road. "I am affected, Liza. I could have lost you and that's the one thing that keeps running through my mind. We just got together and we're going to be raising a child soon. There's so much that I want to do with you." Chad unbuckles my seatbelt and moves across the console. Making me sit in his lap. He starts kissing me. "I love you."

Pulling back from the kiss a smile spreads across my face. "And I love you, Chad. Let's get home and you can show me how much you love me."

Chad doesn't move his hands off my hips. "I don't want you to move yet. Just sit there a little longer. I need to calm my nerves from that incident. We can't go to the Police. They won't help us as some of them are on the payroll of the mafia families in this town."

Leaning my head into the crook of his neck I whisper. "How do you know?"

He looks around making sure that there are no cars around. "A friend of mine. Jai Marshall, he's friends with a couple of Mafia Families. He's worked with one family and is acquaintances with the others. They do business with him at times too."

I can't believe that he knows someone that works closely with them. This is the first time I've heard of this Jai guy. Why haven't I met him before?

A black SUV pulls behind us and I nudge Chad. "Someone is pulling up behind us. Are we safe?"

"I'm not sure." He opens the console that's between his chair and mine. "Move over to your seat and grab the gun that in the console in front of you." Grabbing his gun he takes the safety off it and stays in his chair.

Moving into my seat I open the console and pull the gun out. I turn the safety off and hear the click. Looking at Chad I say. "I have your back."

"Great," he opens his door and steps out. His arm is stretched in front of him with the gun aiming at the car. I follow closely behind him. "Stay close, Liza." He whispers to me. In a stronger voice, he yells. "GET OUT OF THE CAR SLOWLY."

The driver's door of the SUV opens and a guy with dark hair and blue eyes steps out. He has his arms held up. "Chad, it's Jai. You're safe."

Chad shoots at the ground close to his feet. "I don't believe you." He doesn't look like he's going to take a chance with this guy.

Placing my hand on top of his I move it so the gun is pointed at the ground. "We were just talking about Jai. Trust that it's him and look closely."

Chad looks towards the man in front of us. He drops his arms and leans forward a bit. "Put them away." He gives me the gun and I head over to the car.

I put the safety back on the guns and put them both in their console. Closing the door I make my way over to Chad and he wraps his arms around me.

The man looks between us before saying. "I heard what happened at the restaurant. Skyler was worried about the two of you and she wanted me to check on you. She's also going to make sure that her fiancé isn't near the restaurant. You know it's not the first time that something like that has happened."

Looking at the SUV I see the passenger side door open and a woman steps out of the car. She has long brown hair and blue eyes. She moves towards Jai and wraps her arms around his waist. "Are we going home soon? The kids are waiting for us to put them to bed."

"Yes, we are." He turns back to Chad and says. "Chad I'm sure you remember my wife Chloe."

Chloe smiles at him and says. "It's great to see you again, Chad. Who's the beautiful woman that's captured your heart?"

"Eliza," I hold my hand out to her, but she ignores it. Instead, she hugs me.

"It's nice to meet you, Liz. I think we're going to be friends. That's if Chad lets you come to the club."

"You own a club?"

"Yep," Chloe smiles at her husband. "It's called Lusive. The rich people of this town know its whereabouts but everyone else doesn't. We sell the top of the range stuff there." Her eyes land on my stomach. "Well, you can't try anything until after the baby is here. You look so much like Katrina."

Chad smiles at her. "This is Katrina's little sister. I'm glad that you picked up on something like that, Chloe." He turns his attention back to Jai and says. "I'll come by the club tomorrow and we can talk more. I just want to get home. I'm beat."

"Okay," Jai shakes his hand. "I'll see you tomorrow. Just text me before you get to the club."

Chad holds his hand out to me. "Bye," we head towards the car and he opens the door for me. I climb inside and put my belt on. It doesn't look before he's climbing into the driver's seat and we're heading back to my sister's place.

"We're you going to shoot him?"

Chad takes his eyes off the road for a moment to look at him. "To protect you I would. I know you can take care of yourself, but that's something I don't want you to do." It doesn't take too long before we're pulling into the driveway of my place. Chad parks the car.

Once the car is parked I get out and make my way to the side of the car. Chad lifts me and carries me towards the pool house. Before we enter the room we see Kat and Bas sitting on a pool lounge. "There's pizza in the car," Chad tells them before stepping into the pool house and locking the door. He places me on my feet and starts kissing my neck.

"Please take me to the bed, Chad. I can't stand any longer." I give him a wink and he starts laughing at what I said.

"So, I give you jelly legs?"

"Of course. Now stop teasing me and make love to me, Chad. Thank you for being patient with me. I know it would have been hard for you."

He strips us both out of our clothes before saying. "I respect you, Eliza. I thought it would best for me to wait until you were ready to go further. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes, I'm sure." He grabs a condom from the top drawer and rolls it on. Lining himself up at my entrance he thrusts inside me.

 Lining himself up at my entrance he thrusts inside me