Shattered Part II - 31

I'm woken up on Sunday by my sister sitting on the bed next to me. She pokes me and says. "Eliza, are you awake."

"Go away," I mumble into the pillow. Hoping to get more sleep before we leave the vineyard for home. "I want to sleep a little longer."

She pokes me again. "I want to know how the date went. Please, tell me. I've been tossing and turning all night eager to find out how it went."

Looking over at my sister I sit up. "That's not good for the baby. You tossing and turning, wondering how my date went with Chad. I know how you've been when it comes to me. You've protected me for a long and that's what I love about you."

A smile spreads across her face. "I love you too, Eliza. Did you kiss him at the end of the night?" My face flushes a bit and she catches on. "Oh, tell me. How was it? Is he a good kisser?"

The door to my room squeaks and I look over at it seeing Sebastian leaning against the door frame. With a smile on his face. "I want to hear the gossip too."

"It was the best kiss of my life. Better than anyone I've been with before." Standing up I move off the bed. "I'm going to get ready. You two nosy pocks can leave whenever." Grabbing my clothes from the suitcase that on the floor. I head to the bathroom and turn on the shower.

***

It's around 7 pm when there's a knock on the front door. Kat's in the kitchen preparing dinner for us and the kids are in the living room playing. Kat looks over at her husband and says. "Are you expecting someone?"

"I am. I invited Chad to have dinner with us. That way Eliza won't feel like the fifth wheel." Sebastian stands up and moves towards the door.

Well, that's considerate of him. Forcing someone to keep me company while we have dinner.

It doesn't take long before both men are walking into the kitchen. Chad is wearing a pair of Levi jeans with a black t-shirt. His tanned arms showing and there are some muscles that you wouldn't normally wear. Considering he's mostly in suits when I see him.

Chad sees me checking him out. He walks over to me and sits on the chair closest to where I am. "I can see you checking me out, Miss Donoghue. You look beautiful this evening."

He's so sweet. If anyone knows a way with words it's him.

My face begins to heat up and I turn my attention to what my sister is doing.

"You don't take compliments well do you?"

Shaking my head I say. "Not really. The last person that complimented me told me not to let it go to my head. He was an asshole about the compliment and then took the whole thing back a second later. Since then I can't accept one properly."

"I'd like to meet the asshole that did that you. Whoever it is doesn't deserve someone like you in their life. I'll be right back I'm going to grab a drink." He stands up walks over to the freezer and pulls a beer out of it. He opens it and then moves back over to me.

The smell of the beer makes me feel queasy, so I jump off the stool and head straight for the bathroom. Leaning over the toilet I throw up.

Kat walks in a couple of minutes later and she leans against the doorframe. "You're the first person I've seen throw up after smelling beer. You know what got me throwing up?"

Turning towards her I ask. "What?"

"Bacon, you know that was my favourite growing up. To this day I'm not able to eat it, but strangely enough, I'm able to cook it." She holds my hair back as I throw up again.