Shattered Part II - 77

Chad and I are sitting in the pool house with orange juice in cups. He looks around the room and says. "Are you ready to move out?"

A smile spreads across my face. "You know I am. Kat and her husband need the house back to themselves, besides we just created a gate from this part of the house to ours. No one except us and the kids is going to know about it."

My phone starts to ring and I look at it. I see 'Mom' flash across the screen. Showing it to Chad I say. "Mom is on the phone. I better answer it." Swiping my finger across the screen.

Me: Hello, Mom.

Mom: Hey, Sweetheart. You're father and I are the main gate to the house.

Me: Shit, I'm not at the house right now. Do you see the box on the wall on the driver's side?

Mom: Yes,

Me: Tell Dad to type in the year the Titanic sunk.

Dad: How the hell am I supposed to know when that ship sunk? I couldn't stand that movie. That dumb-looking fool Leonard Crap was in it and that redhead. God her voice was annoying.

Damn, my father is funny. Not knowing the name of the man that was on Titanic. That was my favourite movie growing up. I used to watch it on repeat and Dad hated it.

Me: His name is Leonardo DiCaprio. And the woman was Kate Winslet. They were perfect for the role.

Dad: I don't care. Just tell me the year that the boat sunk.

Mom whispers to him. "1912."

Mom: We're going to have to choose something that your father is going to remember.

Me: That's not a problem. I'll have to figure out how to override the old one. So, Dad can work with one that he'll remember.

Mom: We'll be at the house shortly. Are you coming over?

Me: I'm packing my suitcase. I'll be there in a couple of minutes. When's your removalist coming to the house?

Mom: They are behind us.

Me: Okay, I look at the clock and say. I'll be there soon. The furniture company is coming with my stuff in an hour. Also, Kat, Sebastian, the kids and Nina is coming over to help us move in.

Mom: That's great. Should I cook dinner tonight?

Me: No, we're going to order pizza. Cooking is something that can wait until tomorrow.

Mom: Okay, did you buy things for the baby's room?

Me: When we find out what I'm having we will paint the room and get the furniture that it needs.

Mom: You should have found out the gender by now. Have you been putting it off?

Me: Yes,

Mom: Every time I got pregnant the first thing I wanted to know was what I was having. With you, you're being different to all of us.

Me: Isn't that a good thing. To be different?

Mom: Of course it is. Did you want to wait until you had a steady relationship with a guy?

Me: No, I'm just afraid that this child growing inside me will look like him.

Chad wraps his hand around me and whispers. "I don't care if this child looks like him. He or she will be ours and the paternity doesn't matter to me."