"I'll wait." (Kylo Ren)

Summary: Professor Kylo Ren gets interrupted during his Diabetes lecture by your talking. Turns out he punishes in a different way... at least with his favorite student.

------------------------------------------

Nursing school was kicking your ass.

You were sleep-deprived, burned out, and ready to go home. No amount of coffee could make you feel normal again. You didn't know when the last time you stepped out of your place that wasn't for school. Your back constantly hurt from hunching over and looking at your textbooks. You were pretty sure your eyesight was going bad by how much you looked at your computer screen. The cramp in your hand never went away since you were always taking notes. You couldn't remember that you had a home-cooked meal instead of fast food on your way to lecture.

You had to keep telling yourself that you were only going to feel like this for a few more weeks. Graduation was so close you could taste it. You had everything prepared, ready to get the fuck out of this stress-filled program. You had your graduation outfit laid out since you bought it, looking at it every so often for motivation. You would look at it when you felt like the words in your textbook were mushing together, when you were getting frustrated with your papers, or when you were just being straight-up lazy.

You complained a lot, considering this was your life's purpose. You grew up knowing you always wanted to help people. Whenever you found yourself losing hope, you would remember that. Every time you were stressed or just wanted to quit, you would think about everything you went through in your life and how previous nurses helped you and your family. You were grateful for them. They showed you there was good, even at your darkest times.

Another reason why you wouldn't quit was your professor.

Kylo fucking Ren.

Out of all the years you were in college, working your way to this point, he was your favorite. Sure he was short-circuited, getting frustrated every time someone answered his question wrong, but that didn't take away from his passion. You knew he would only get pissed with his eye twitching because he cared for the subject. He wanted his students to learn as much as possible before he sent us out into the real world. Your fellow classmates would look at you like you were insane when you defended him.

"You're only defending him because you're his favorite."

They would always use that against you like it was their winning argument. You did what you always did, rolled your eyes, and tell them all the reasons why he's an amazing teacher.

Well, that and he was undeniably attractive... but you would never say that out loud.

Not only was he passionate about his job, but he also gave multiple opportunities to students. Every time someone was on the verge of failing he would give extra credit or send them to you for tutoring. Sure he did some yelling before he offered it, but it was still the gesture of trying to help them.

Now even though you weren't technically a tutor, you would never say no to him. Every time you would agree to do it for him, he would give you a reassuring nod. Some sort of validation you craved from him. He would never smile, of course... only nod. There was one time you could have sworn one corner of his mouth twitched, almost trying his hardest not to. You would feel yourself pining over him, imagining he was trying to hide his feelings towards you.

Good lord, you were being an idiot. There was no way Professor fucking Ren had a thing for you... You were obviously losing it staying up with the late nights you were having. You would admit that it was obvious you were his favorite student, but there was no way in hell that it was anything more than that.