It's my job (Flip Zimmerman)

Summary: Your boyfriend, Flip, just wants you to feel better.

-------------------

There were mostly good days that you had. Where you were in a good mood and kept yourself busy. You felt like you had your shit together, which was an amazing feeling. You would get a lot done at work, clean around your place, and even cook a whole ass meal. Feeling productive was a way to make yourself feel better.

You weren't like that now...

You couldn't explain the tiredness you were experiencing. You found yourself lying in bed, not finding a good enough reason to get up. Of course, you would get up when you had to use the restroom, but even that was a chore. You slept on and off over the last couple of days, wondering what was the point of anything. You were lost in your thoughts, dazed as you had a staring contest with the ceiling.

Your phone lied next to your head, buzzing every now and again from your friends checking up on you but you couldn't find enough energy to check the messages.

Your body was starting to ache from the little movements that you did while lying in bed. You would toss and turn, trying to get comfortable. You told yourself to sit up or even take a lap around your place, knowing that it would be good for you. Stretching your muscles out that you haven't used in so long.

It sounded exhausting, so you just continued to lay there.

Your stomach would growl, filling your quiet room. You would curl up into a ball, hoping that it would muffle the sound. Almost like it would forget that you needed food. You were in desperate need of a meal, but the thought of getting up made you yawn.

You knew that you couldn't stay in bed forever, so you took advantage of this time. You tried convincing yourself that it was just a recharge. To catch up on the rest that you desperately needed...

It wasn't of course. You found yourself in these moods every once in a while, feeling run down and just tired of everything. Emotionless even. Wanting to close out the rest of the world and just be alone.

You knew the phone calls you were ignoring were from your boyfriend, Flip. You were supposed to go out for dinner tonight, but the idea of going out in public sounded like the worst idea ever. You felt bad knowing you were going to stand him up but after years of dating, he would understand.

He always did.

You managed to get motivated enough to walk over to the bathroom and start the water in the shower. Your aching muscles couldn't handle it anymore, needing hot water to relieve the tension in your shoulders.

You stood under that hot water, hoping it would wash away whatever was causing this funk.

"It'll go away in a couple of days."

You repeated this over and over again to yourself in the shower. It was your mantra, hoping that it would become a reality.

When you shut off the water, you wrapped a towel around your body, feeling weak. You wanted nothing more than to go back to bed, curling up under your blanket.

You looked at yourself in the mirror as you shook your head. You made it this far... just a little more and you can go back to bed. Your brush worked overtime as it combed out all the tangles in your hair. You almost looked like your old self...

It was a few more minutes before you put on one of Flip's t-shirts that he left behind. You took one last look at yourself before shutting off the lights in the bathroom. You rolled your shoulders back, still feeling the tension in your muscles.