Only one (Charlie Barber)

Summary: When you're faced between Charlie and the lead singer of your favorite band, who will you pick?

(p.s. I was really excited for this one, so I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!!)

-----------------

Things with Charlie weren't serious, not yet having the exclusive talk. You always assumed he was dating other people, swearing that he had something going on with someone on his crew team. The handful of times you brought him lunch, she was practically attached to his hip.

You weren't dating anybody else but it wasn't a big deal. Again, without the talk about being exclusive, you had no reason to be territorial or jealous.

You've been seeing Charlie for a couple of months, him introducing you to broadway and fancy restaurants around downtown. You were iffy at first, not knowing if you would enjoy those things but the way Charlie lit up explaining things to you, opened your eyes.

Tonight, he was going in a different direction for your date.

He was very attentive, great at asking questions about you. Lots of guys did that, of course, but not Charlie. He was from the small group of guys that actually listened, tonight actually proving that.

On your first date, he asked about what kind of music you like to listen to. You explained that your favorite band was tiny, not being on a lot of people's radar just yet. A garage band from a few towns over. Charlie was cute, asking what kind of music they played... It meant a lot that he was actually interested.

"They're actually coming in a few months." You laid the napkin across your lap, trying to get rid of your nerves as Charlie stared at you from across the table.

He was so intimidating that first night.

"Really?" He lifted his wine glass to his mouth, taking a sip before setting the glass down again.

"Yeah," You nodded your head, finally getting enough courage to look at him. He was leaning forward, resting his arms against the table as his dark brown eyes studied you. "But the tickets are sold out." You swallowed the lump that was sitting in your throat.

"That's unfortunate." He hummed over to you, sitting in his thoughts.

At the time, you didn't think of it. You thought he was just trying to think of the next topic you two could talk about but little did you know, he was scheming.

This morning, you woke up to a text message from Charlie. He managed to score some of those sold-out tickets, saying he will pick you up later tonight.

Now the hard part... picking an outfit.

You had two options.

Wear something cute for your date with Charlie, or wear the band shirt you got a few years back. You were sitting on these options all day, changing your mind every few hours.

You ultimately decided to dress for Charlie, thinking how sweet it was for him to take you out tonight. You had no clue what he had to do to find these tickets, let alone remember the name of your favorite band.

"Wow." Charlie's mouth dropped when you opened your front door, eyes roaming your body. The corners of your mouth curled with a smile as you blushed. You looked down at your outfit, taking a look along with him.

You picked out a light green summer dress that hugged your curves but flowed perfectly with the night wind.

"You look beautiful." Charlie mumbled, walking through the front door. That's when he lifted his arm up, revealing a bouquet of flowers in his hand.