𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

The rest of the day had begun, Chase had changed into my dad's light blue wool sweater and baggy black pants.

we had sat at the dinner table both eating breakfast, he looked so much better, more alive than before we were both smiling, laughing almost like he wasn't at the bar looking like complete and utter death just a few hours ago.

"oh my gosh wait I can't breathe, wait did he call you bogger" chase had said from his laughing fit and had a huge grin on his face.

"yes ... ugg after all these years he still calls me that,".

I said covering my face out of embarrassment and laughing afterwards

We had eaten and laid around the house till noon

" I thought Anna was going to pick me up ?" chase had said whilst staring at the forest and taking a sip from his hot chocolate, the mug was being hugged by his sweater paws.

I sighed and looked at my cup " she said she's not ready yet she'll take you tomorrow".

Chase and I had been sitting cross-legged on the balcony once again it was slightly windy but still a beautiful night.

there was this silence but it was  not comforting but almost as if we both knew there was some deep talking that needed to be done .

I had clasped hard on the  white mug with the chocolaty substance and took a breath in

  " Chase"

"hmmm" he looked at me

" Chase ... I am really happy with Reed"

Chase sighs and puts down his hot chocolate and faces me before saying anything he ruffles his hair and speaks

"I know... I know how I can never attain your heart and have ultimately decided to give up my feelings for you, while I was away... I got to thinking even though you've been In my heart for so long I would rather have you happy and comfortable with me than avoiding me and feeling uncomfortable around me.. also I have been a real a-hole when it comes to Anna."

"Chase, you and I both have been a real pain to her huh ?"

Chase shook his head looking at me

"yeah .. but don't get me wrong, I very much loved and love Anna but do I think I unconsciously got with her so it can distract myself from my feelings for you ,maybe which is an even worse thing to do and pretty much brands me as an a-hole, but if I truly love Anna which I do then it would be wrong of me to keep her in a relationship I know is dying"

Chase then faced the forest again taking a long sip of his hot chocolate

"so... are you going to break up with her ?".

"yeah.. she's the best human out there who  deserves the world and very best, and time and time again I have done nothing but hurt her."

After the conversation we had there was a definite shift in our relationship it wasn't this tiptoe around and uncomfortable energy but more of a "we're back to how we used to be" energy

"oh, by the way,  did he really call you booger ?"

"stop it, the one time my idiot younger self had to pick her nose in a restaurant she automatically gets the name booger" 

I slap my forehead whilst chase and I continue to fall in a laughing heap.

Chase had spent the night and the next morning as promised Anna was there to pick him up.

We both stood at the door frame getting in our  last hug for a while

" thank you so much lioney... I am gonna miss you but I need to get my self together I hope you understand."