𝙲𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚟𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚜 ?

I choose to lay low from school once again you would think I never go to school but I couldn't help it the whole school was in an uproar .

my parents had been called in for my photo initially my parents were not happy about the situation lets just they were worried deeply   about me but after telling them my side of the story they seemed horrified my mother started to tear up and hugged me.

my parents had this thing, which was trusting my brother and I in everything we did they would always want their children right before anything else.

after that happend I decide it would be best if I stayed home and didn't go to school it didn't help though my phone would still blow up with people commenting all sorts of things on my social media accounts.

eventually it got on my nerves and I deleted them. I stayed up at ungodly hours, sleep seemed to be the last thing on my mind.

I had gone down to the kitchen while everyone was asleep to go eat, might as well do it right? I mean eating at night isn't as bad as having your half naked body, picture out there .

Apparently, while I wasn't in school it just got worse people started all kinds of rumours about me and I got kicked out from the clubs I was in, in school.

yeah, everything was looking all "sunny" for me. I gripped my hair tight and looked up at the kitchen celling to stop myself from crying after blinking furiously .

I went to the pantry and took out the nesquik I did this often when I was a kid my mother and father would never know but I would sneak down and make Nesquik and go to the huge window and sit in the dark sipping on the milky goodness .

And would go back to bed it was habit I adopted whenever I felt like I needed comfort.

I went to my mothers art work the scarlet coloured one .

the more I stood and looked at it , it kept on confusing me "what the hell were you thinking mom?" I uttered lowly almost in whisper amazed by it .
the boy .. the boy in the artwork his eyes were almost telling a story as if he was the main part of the portrait but he wasn't everything was red but you could see behind him were other people almost running away but he just stood there his eyes pleading up looking straight towards you , I looked even closer and the boy looked somewhat familiar .

I was pulled away from my thoughts by knocking.

"who in the world is up this late other than I ?". I
slowly opened the door there stood a sweaty almost as if he dived into water Reed,

without me even having the chance to say something he looked up with this cheeky smile he was also biting his lip it was like he was trying to conceal a grin .

"hey" he breathed out like he just ran a marathon but it was so deep... that "hey" was so deep.

I let him in making sure he was dead silent if my parents knew that their daughter who a few months ago had no social life and scandals  was now sneaking in boys ... it would not go well especially in the situation I was in currently.

"hey what are you doing up so late sir ?" I asked while staring at my Nesqiuck we decide to sit on the rug in the dark in the living room we only had the lighting from the rain that would provide us with light ".

"well I would like to ask you the same question?" he tried drying his wet hair by shaking his head.

"well.. I couldn't sleep with everything going on and I do this thing when I can't sleep which is making Nesqiuck" I shook the mug shyly

He sat closer to me and took  my hand.

"doesn't that just make going to sleep worse?" .

" well it also serves as a comfort" I spoke as if I was about to cry this whole thing at first never made me emotional and I tried looking like it didn't bother me to other people it was easy to do, faking it but with him.

I felt like I could say anything and everything there was no hiding anything because it felt like he knew everything about me and like he could sense it.

He kissed the top of my hand then he stared at me making sure he caught my eyes .

"you don't have to act all tuff I can sense you're not ok and I know you're not ok"

It's like I almost forgot Reed wasn't just your average dude he wasn't normal.

I slowly took my hand out of his grip and put my now empty cup down and put on the most serious face I could muster up .

"so ..are you one of those  vampire or werewolf   Kinda mystical creatures."

Reed looked as if he was holding in a laugh

"what the heck Leo no for one I'm pretty sure I  have a soul second I am not part dog ok"

he laughed a bit

"ok so your some hybrid ?"

he straight up started laughing now

"Leo stop watching and reading all that fantasy bs ok".

I felt embarrassed and stood up to put my cup in the sink and fan my pretty much-heated face while facing the sink arms wrapped around my waist and turned me around.

"I am sorry I didn't mean to humiliate you its just your really funny with your questions and to answer you, I am just like you it's just I have rules I live by and have a few more talents "

" but your eyes?"

" what about them that they change

"It  depends on what I eat that's all".

"ok but what about you sensing stuff'.

"well, he rubbed the back of his head one of my many talents is seeing emotion it's almost like reading people, pretty normal to me most people can can read how people feel ."

We both spoke for a few minutes before it was time for him to leave I lead him to the door and hugged him tight
"thanks for making me feel better"
"no problem I mean you helped me" .
"in what way ?"

"well, one of the rules I told you we train at night hence why I am awake also to visit our loved ones and well ...." he smiled and started walking away it didn't click until he was near the woods.

"wait me ?" I shouted

All I heard was a "good night Leo."