𝚃𝚊𝚛𝚣𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

"Leo we're all hanging out for the last time,"

"yeah man before college don't be a bummer dude"

"give me back the phone dude, anyway, we're all going to the lake with the Tarzan swings we're having our last get to gather before we all spilt and go our separate ways please please come Chase is going to pick you up ok byeeee"

I woke up to find that voice mail on my phone it was Sue and a few of my classmates I figured as much as I hated high school one final hurrah wouldn't be a bad thing, it would be a way of throwing a huge middle finger towards this year .

metaphorically of course you know like a statement like " this year might have sucked like a whole dimension suck but I am going to enjoy the last bit of this experience.

I found a cute teal bathing suit I bought a while back when I took the trip with my parents and Aires

I never bothered wearing it , the fit was perfect that it hugged every single curve I had , I had put on some high wasted shorts and a top over my bathing suit and put on my sneakers and went out, it was weird It was hot for the first time ever ,there was actual sun it was the perfect day to go to the lake, I had told my parents before going out like a good daughter.

I am kidding I just don't want to get a whole lecture and my buttwhooped all because

"I thought I was grown." in the wise words of my mother anyway I had gone outside and there was Chase in his car waiting for me.

he seemed to not hear me approach as he was blasting his music having some sort of jam session i knocked on his window .

I could tell he was a bit shocked as he unlocked the door and let me in.
" oh I am sorry am I interrupting your jam session?" .

"you know you scared the heck out of me".

"What did you think I was a bear?"

"well, I mean ..."

I smacked his arm playfully and we were off while driving to the lake we had a normal conversation  it was nice no awkwardness not at all.

I looked out of the window where I was taking in the beautiful view that has to be one of the other reasons I love living Selmer the gorgeous scenery you're surrounded by greenery you get to see beautiful animals it was peaceful calm I loved it we passed a few houses that were abounded we had to go through the other side of Selmer to get to the lake so we had passed them that's when I realized MR and MRS Finland's house it was dark like the other houses as if it was abandoned .

" wait stop the car I quickly instructed Chase stopped the car in front of their home.
"Leo?."
Chase questioned they always lived around the abounded houses they weren't new ,these houses were the ones where the families used to stay you know the ones that would go missing out of nowhere.

"that's weird their house , the lights aren't on their, cameras aren't on and their little chihuahua  that hates other human beings isn't here"

"oh yeah didn't it bite you like when we were five ?".

"yes, but that's not the point, there not here can't you see?".

"so big deal they could be vis-" chase stopped in the middle of his sentence then looked at me.

"they never leave their house ever." he answered himself turning slowly towards the house.

I walked up to the gate slowly opening the latch.

"Leo what are you doing?."

"investigating what else"

I looked at him he joined me and we entered carefully walking across the yard we got to the door Chase knocked about three times calling out their names I twisted the doorknob and the door opened chase pushed me at the back of himself and held me close he entered first and let me follow after him there was absolutely nothing as if the house was brand new and was waiting for new owners to come in .

while we looked around for any clues I saw a shadow quickly run across the walls I turned around the corner I was hiding behind and peered I saw a back with tattoos, "Azreed ," I thought coming up with the realization I quickly went to where chase was and took his arm dragging him out quickly and getting into the car.

" what is happening ?"

"CHASE DRIVE NOW !" I ordered with a demanding voice Chase started to drive towards the lake I had let out the breath I didn't think I was holding.

"so you wanna tell me what happened or Nah ?" chase looked at me with so much concern I shrugged my shoulders.

" I thought I saw something but it was only a deer I was too scared to think so I panicked sorry."

I made up the excuse he took my hand squeezed

" you had me worried back there I am not going to lie."
we continued our drive till we reached our destination.

We spent hours swimming going on the Tarzan swings and even did some cliff diving, it was later in the night everyone felt cold, so we had a bonfire and sat all around telling stories about our high school memories and roasting marshmallows to make smores.

"ok ok but dude I made out with her once that doesn't count."

"em it does Jared you pig just except you're an f boy and let's keep this show going," Sue spoke up
" ohhhhhh" all of us hummed

" dang Sue go easy on the guy"

"oh, yeah remember when we all found you and in that chimney at john's house in the morning"

"oh yeah, that was right before we had to write our exams".

"yeah we had to get you all sobered up we had like an hour before school remember Sue?" we teased.

"How could I forget my parents practically disowned me that day." we all laughed.

The atmosphere was filled with laughter and the sounds of the crackling fire and owls in the distance and low music playing even though I was enjoying myself I couldn't help but think about what happened to MRandMRS Finland
"did they something against the Azreed ? "

"was that why they were there? "
"did they run away before the Azreed came ?"
there was so much I wanted to know.

What could have possibly happened?