𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛

"Don't go wandering to far Lioney"

"ok, mommy don't worry !!!"

"did you hear that?"

"no Reed some of us are busy training"

the day had been bright, and the voice of a child seemed to be distracting the us from training.

"would you just relax Blair don't you want to find out who's talking ?".

"don't you want to be taken seriously Reed come on stay focused. !"

After countless hours of training, I decided to find out where exactly that little voice came from while wondering the woods I heard a splash of water that seemed to be coming from the lake,

it was hot and the sky was bright and blue the light from the sun rays had reflected onto the water of the lake giving it life there was also a cool breeze to help with the heat,

I crept closer to see what caused the splash I had seen a young girl standing at the edge of the dock.

it was as if I couldn't move, I just had my eyes on her it was weird really, I had wondered a lot about her just at that moment.

She had this white dress and had pitch black coily hair that draped around her head and big brown eyes that were glistening from the sun she wore these blue sneakers on her feet and had been looking like she was reaching for the sun her sneakers were a bit damp she must have been splashing around in the water with them .

it was rather way too intriguing she had stopped reaching for the sun.
a gentle breeze had picked up her hair just a bit she .

she had stayed and closed her eyes basking in it she smiled widely letting her arms stretch out from her sides and she began twirling she looked in my direction in curiosity I quickly ducked in the bushes after a few minutes of silence she wasn't there anymore where had this little girl gone?.

She had come to the lake very often it was amazing every time she came it looked like she had changed not in any bad way but like a flower busy blooming .

every day a new petal seemed to show and it was magnificent to see at first I will admit I just was interested in her but now I somehow felt like I wanted to protect her.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Leoo happy birthday to you!!!"

the cheers had sounded off in the house.

it was indeed Leo's birthday I was outside near her house looking
through the big window but made sure I was not to close but near enough to see the people that were around her .

The friend  Chase and his family, her parents and brother the house had balloons and decorations there had been a cake Infront of her and she had the biggest most beautiful smile I have ever seen she had fully blossomed, she was turning seventeen and absolutely beautiful every detail of her was elegant .

I always wanted to go meet her and not be some creep watching her which I am not but I can't possibly do that it was forbidden Afterall.

she couldn't know we exist.

Which was a total bummer in itself, the party had finished and she had to say goodbye to chase and his parents and her brother and father started clearing up inside whilst her mother and her had gone out to bid Chase and his family farewell by the driveway

"oh hey mom can I go to the lake"

"honey it's late and I don't know how safe that is"

"please please mom I am seventeen...  it's my birthday wish please"

"fine but I want you back soon"

"Sure, I'll be quick"

She did go to the lake often whenever she needed a breather she went.

whenever she needed to cry.

whenever she wanted to yell.

I quickly went back to camp after all, I was "training" .

"Reed where the hell have you been huh? what's is going on with you?."

"you really don't have to stress mom I was training you know bettering myself or whatever. "

"that's interesting Blair and the others came back earlier. "

"oh well you know I don't like training with them."

I quickly gave her a hug assuring her I was ok my mother might not seem like the type to be overprotective, but she secretly was.

I had looked around for a moment searching for the others, I mean the were there, but Blair wasn't

"you said everyone's here where's Blair?"

'oh she went down to the lake she wanted to do some more swim training or something"

Before my mom could even finish her sentence, I ran, she was there, and Blair was there

Leo was in danger Blair was dangerous way too dangerous.

when I got there, it seemed to be way to late Leo had been backing away slowly from Blair, while Blair kept approaching trying to hurt her

"stop Blair!!" they both looked my way we were all at the on the dock now it was tense really tense

"look please... let me live please I promise I won't say ...anything"

"nope it's in the rules you've seen us now you have to die"

"Blair don't even dare to touch her leave her alone!"

"oh I get it this is what's been distracting you lately well ... poor Reed your little distraction has seen us and you know it's part of the rules"

Without any warning Blair had pushed Leo she had stumbled across and hit her head on one of the poles and and fell into the water .

Blair had left not bothering to try save Leo after all she wanted her dead, I quickly dived and and pulled   her out of the water.

I had made sure she was ok and breathing which she was she had opened her eyes for a second before closing them again I had taken her near the house knocked and left towards the bushes .

"LEO honey!! we need to go the hospital now"

I saw them all rush toward the car her father had driven frantically towards the hospital

I had gone and paid her vist there of course with no one knowing and there she laid in a hospital bed my heart dropped was it guilt ?

I don't know all I knew was I was upset I went near her "I am so sorry Leo"

"she's doing just right .
You can actually come and see her "

the nurse said outside they couldn't see me I quickly opened the window and left

"Oh why is it that window open silly me " the nurse said in shock 

her parents seemed to be in even more shock wondering how the window had opened when it was closed since they got there .

she had woken up

'mom"?"

"oh lioney hi sweet heart you ok?" she carasses her daughters face

"I am ok .. did you apologize to me ?"

"no Leo I didn't what happened?"

"I don't ... remember "

"oh, ahh from whatever the impact was it seems that she is having some amnesia so she might not remember what happened to her .

"are you sure you didn't apologize ?

" no sweetheart"

" then who did?"