𝙳𝚎𝚛𝚋𝚢

"The forests of Selmer are singing new songs; new papers Selmer is liberated lives in liberty"

The stands were shaking from all of us screaming/shouting the anthem ,it was the school's derby and we needed to attend.

I wouldn't have come if we weren't all forced to do so .

There was a mix of sweat, popcorn and all different kind of aromas that assaulted my nose, sure I can be preppy but not when I am forced to be .

everything was starting to get overwhelming so I snuck out to the cafeteria it was nice and quiet with everyone being at the sports field this was the only way I could feel at peace.

It was afternoon so the cafeteria had bits of orange sunlight  that danced around the empty place I was dancing around tables .

call it random but it was a way of passing by time while the derby was happening.

whilst I was twirling around the tables and chairs I heard the door squeak but ignored it , after all the doors would creak open from the wind often .

I continued with my performance that was happening in my head.

"nice moves but could you stop they're kind of cringey "

a voice boomed from the entrance of the hall I turned around slowly trying to hide the embarrassment on the face

Once I was fully turned, I had realized who was the owner of the voice .
"Reed ?"

I spoke out almost in a whisper he looked up from his position, he was lying on top of the table ,his head had quickly rose then was put back down "

"what?"

"yo-uu were at my house why?" I had not known what got into me at that moment but boy oh boy was I loving the surge of confidence.

It had been minutes still no response

" listen I know you have this whole mysterious new kid vibe going on but that doesn't give you a reason to randomly show up at my house scare the living hell out of me, disappear and reappear at a party to save me then walk around like you don't know me".

It all came out at once as if someone opened a faucet then couldn't stop the water from coming out of it.

Reed quickly stood up and came near me   really close and pinned me against the wall ugg great anther stupid trope.

once he was close enough, he ducked near my ear

"you're breaking the rules Leo don't break the rules" his eyes trailed to the necklace that hung on my neck he smirked at it backed away and took his jacket and left the cafeteria

I hate to admit it I really do but I had never felt so helpless my heart was practically jumping out of my chest .
I had left the cafeteria right before the derby was going to end and sat in my car my mind couldn't help but keep replaying Reed's words

I looked at my mirror in the car cursing myself out my face was practically on fire.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my car door had been opened .

" hey listen can you drop me of..f" it was chase .

" whoa I didn't mean to scare you he faced me "why is your face so hot?".

he grabbed my cheeks I smacked his hands from cheeks And focused on starting the car.

"ok why are you acting weird also where did you go? I was looking for you."

Once the car had started, I started driving "I was in the cafeteria it got too noisy for me"

"you could have told me we could've bunked together."

Chase said in a fake hurt voice.
silence filled the car other than the music playing on the radio after a few minutes we reached chase's house I gently pushed his shoulder to wake him up, chase's house wasn't far from mine but It was still a distance to get home.

I knew I was going to enter the house late again.

instead of leaving chase sat in the car for quite a bit before turning towards me with the most serious expression I have ever seen him pull
"listen you can tell me anything and I am here for you ok." He ended I nodded my head as a response and as he opened the door ready to leave, he kissed me on the cheek and disappeared into his house.

I had arrived home had dinner and shouted at Aries for leaving his dirty shoes on the carpet, had a hot shower and was now ... thinking .

I had a love and hate relationship when it came thinking .. thinking was dangerous for me, but it also fascinated me.

It was already late and everyone in the house was asleep, I had put on my shoes thrown a jacket on and went into the woods, it was annoying pretending to sleep .

when everything was starting to get annoying I would go into the woods it's less annoying there. as I was walking through my path to the lake I looked up and stargazed it was so pretty I didn't get it why I loved the night so much , why it calmed me so much it was euphoric being out here it was beyond words, a sound of sticks being crushed took me out of my high I was having.

I started jogging towards the house but tripped "whatever you are please don't hurt me " I scream out without evening knowing I did, was this really how I would die well that was unfortunate I thought

"I am not here to hurt you "a voice boomed

"Reed?"

He lent out his hand I took it and stood there "what are you doing here?".

Without any warning, I did not know what happened next