𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚜

" I must say I am quite impressed by you young lady."  Astrid had been now walking around me slowly looking around the room as well.

Reed was very hesitant about leaving but ultimately left .

" someone who is truly not scared of any of the consequences that may happen to her or her family is truly someone to be feared I must say."

I had swallowed hard and moved towards the kitchen pretending with all my might that I was not at all intimidated by Astrid's  presence there was something to it she would smile but her eyes called out "fear me" .

I turned the kettle on " would you like something to drink ?"  I replied with the courage that I had left in my body. 

she chuckled a bit it was weird it sounded just like Reed's just a bit higher-pitched she smiled afterwards her dark rouge lips then turned into a straight line so did her expression.

"Leo honey I am sure your mother has told you the dangers of associating yourself with the Azreed yet you still do so... I would absolutely hate that as a mother."

she came close towards me  and grabbed my face
" we wouldn't want you getting hurt wouldn't we ? ." she then turned to let her dark black hair  follow her as she walked back to her place.

I had turned and started pouring the water .
"you know Leo  the Azreed have started talking" with this I had missed and poured some of that water on my hand

"Ow !" I had quickly dropped the kettle and held my burnt hand Astrid came immdetialy and took my hand.

"tsk tsk see what you did by not being careful" she looked me in the eye and smiled while tending to my hand.

Astrid had this way of talking she was passive-aggressive but passive-aggressive in a way that you wouldn't tell of the aggressive part.

"I am sure Reed  has told you the story of Jia and Hyara" she smiled a bit I told them that story numerous times when they were children.

she stopped grabbing the first aid kit and taking out a bandage to wrap my hand " you would think they would listen after telling that story so much." she stopped  speaking after wrapping up my hand.

"Leo I have sat here watching you and my son, she let her hand run through her ink coloured hair . " don't you think the stories are looking a bit identical ... and  the last thing  I need is for Reed is to be destroyed.

She picked up the scarlet coloured bag she had and went to the door "oh and of course you too honey, I would never want you hurt" she smiled.

Astrid was absolutely stunning she this long dark inky hair with dark red lips and always wore black today it was a black off-shoulder top with a black coat and long black pants finished off with black stilettos. she had left me standing in the middle of the kitchen with my hand still floating in the position she held it in.

I finally let the breath out  that I held In for so long"

" dang even when she's  threatening me I still wanna be her  what the hell ."  I had  spoken out quietly in frustration

My phone had started ringing I quickly tried picking it up but winced whilst picking it up with the wrong hand. I had fiddled around till I got it to my ear

"hello"

"Leo.. i- I don't know what's happening I need you right now"

"what Sue are you ok ?"

"no Leo just please get here"

"ok, I am on my way"

I had taken the car in hurry wondering what exactly happened to Sue?   to act like that  I have never heard her voice like that ever in my life .

after a tedious ride to her house I had shown up to the front door, it was  wide open  I quickly came in already fearing the worst .
"Sue ?" nothing just silence 
"Sue this isn't funny where are you?" I stopped dead in my tracks there was Sue curled up in a ball her head on her knees.

" Sue" I called out softly  she raised her head slowly looking up at me her eyes were all puffy and red she looked horrible, she stood up and immediately hugged me.

"sue you're scaring me what's wrong?" she didn't speak for the hours I was there I decided to stay till she talked I picked up shattered pieces of glass and fragments of what looked like a vase I had made her some tea and made sure she was ok

She was wrapped up in a blanket watched me clean up

"Leo" she called out softly

"yes" immediately sat down next to her and took her hand

"don't think I am crazy but.."

"I won't think your crazy sue  you can tell me anything you know that right"

She cleared her throat and started talking " I was home and heard a knock on the door... I don't normally answer you know that but I thought it was my parents so I did but there was this person... I don't know Leo  this person didn't give off the vibes of being anything normal ... they suddenly came in and started breaking things and threatening me and I was so scared I .. got my phone and was about to call the police

But boom they had vanished like into thin air gone I called  Arron  but he told me he was hanging out with his friends and said I was probably delusional."

"what a douchebag"

She sniffles a bit "Leo  I don't think you understand just how ... can someone just disappear and reappear how can  someone just"

"hey hey breathe, what did this person threaten you with ?"

"they said to tell you to ...stop breaking the rules"
I  Sue's hand

" that the crazy part Leo what is happening? what rule are you breaking?"

I kept quiet "Sue I gotta go , lock the doors and don't answer the door so freely also call me immediately if something happens ok".

"wait so your just gonna leave me? , what rule are you breaking Leo !"

"Sue trust me" I got up and headed towards my car

"all right that the last straw if they want to mess with my family to hell with them"