𝙱𝚘𝚞𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜

The sun was beating down my face from the window It was blazing I felt like I was on fire My mouth felt so ,so dry like I just drink a whole glass of sand.

Why was I wet I opened, my eyes slowly I was in my bed Around me a pool of sweat so "graceful" And on my bedside table a thermometer.

My mom walked  in with a tray with tea, a bowl of water and a cloth.

"hi sweetie it looks  like you caught something " she sat next to me caressing my forehead and wiping all the sweat with the cloth, it was the most amazing feeling the fiery sensation was being put out by the cool icy cloth now lying on my skin.

I wanted to speak but couldn't my throat hurt so bad.

"We should really replace the latch by your window, we found your window wide open yesterday and that's  probably why your so sick I called the school and you'll be out for a week MS Natalia told me to tell you to check your laptop all the work will be emailed".

my mom finishes wiping me down with the cloth and gives me little sips of the hippie tea she makes.

she learned how to make it when she and my dad went on their honeymoon in Bali, of course, the whole idea of hippy tea made me want to throw up it's just a bunch of different leaves mixed up with some sort of spices but I was willing to drink it  my mouth needed any liquid so I finished the whole cup.

"there we go I'll be here the whole day so if you need anything, go ahead and shout ok"

Finally able to say a few words I quickly said my sentence before my mom could shut the door.

" hey mom where did you find me today?" my mom looked stunned at my question almost lost at what I was saying she shrugged it off quickly she must've thought I was so sick I started being delusional she smiled "in your bed honey now gets some rest" she closed the door and went downstairs.

I laid upwards facing the stars "great my mom thinks I am delusional" I dragged a huge breath in lifted myself up even though I fell a few times I dragged myself to the shower .

whilst I let the cool water run all over my body ,I had done some thinking
"maybe I was dreaming?".

"maybe I never went out ?"

No I swore I was out I fell asleep on the grass near the lake , once I turned the facet off the distinct words surfaced in my head.

"honey you shouldn't be sleeping out like this why are you so careless".

I had been brushing my teeth repeating these words "it couldn't be chase couldn't it ?"
I said finally finishing up with dressing  up I put on a big baggy shirt not bothering with dressing up all fancy today
"who am I going to impress my bedsheets. ?"

I started fixing my hair by the mirror when I stared at my neck .

The necklace it started to leave a mark on my skin from it being their all the time .

I swapped it over letting it reveal the old rusted backside R.F it was the same initials I saw at Reed's house I was snapped from my thoughts once again from my  mom calling  from downstairs " honey breakfast."

breakfast was oatmeal drizzled with honey and cinnamon on top with honey melon on the side. I gratefully took a huge spoonful and devoured my bowl my mom had been quietly reading her book and drinking her coffee at the table.

"hey mom ..why Selmer why did you and dad pick Selmer. ?" I spoke softly grabbing a piece of honey melon

"well, dad and I  decide we wanted to live somewhere secluded and peaceful I mean after we eloped ."