Kabanata 28

Succeeding chants

"You didn't answer my question."

Binaba ko muna ang magkahawak naming kamay sa air dahil nangangalay na ako. Tiningnan ko siya with confusion. "Which one?"

He squeezed my nose. "Spotted. We're good at drawing away sa first chat when it's you whom I'm talking to, and I'm not even surprised... You always seemed oblivious."

I puffed a breath. "Hindi ko alam ang sinasabi mo..."

"Kasi nga... you've already forgotten."

I sighed. I don't even know what he's talking about! Siya kaya ang nalayo sa topic. "You sure you're fluent in Filipino?" Baka kasi siya talaga ang magulo, not me!

He furrowed his forehead. "Hindi ba?" He was about to lengthen his words when he realized something. "What the fuck?-See? We're nearly getting away." He looked at me seriously. "Were you manipulating me?"

I laughed. "What? Manipulating? I didn't even know how to do that!"

He shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe we just totally arrived on this one."

I laughed. "You started it! My intentions were clear, and besides, I don't have any reasons to manipulate you!"

He scoffed. "You want to hide your feelings, that's the reason."

I instantly released my head on his lap. "You know what? Pareho tayong hindi nagkakaintindihan. What you say is different from what I say, and what you understand is different from what I understand. My head's hurting!"

"Says who's messy?"

I returned my head to his lap. "I guess both."

He smirked. "Wanna cure our illness then?"

I just lifelessly nod and feel how relaxing his fingers were in my hair when he started stroking it. "Let us start with you answering my question."

"Okay."

"No commotion, 'kay?"

"Okay."

"You'll zip your lip until I finish, okay?"

"Okay."

He sighed. "I just noticed how you keep o heaving a deep breath... Are there still bothering you? Want to share it?"

"Ayoko nga."

He scoffed. "What happened to no commotion?"