Kabanata 39

Sorry

Gazing at the lights coming out of the different quarters in both ways of the road, while I'm here in between, riding a taxi above the soil of the constituent State we once dreamed to live in, was something.. heartwarming.

And for somehow.. heartbreaking.

I can't help but move my hand against the car window as the ride goes on and my eyes admire the following Mediterranean style of the house. I smiled and touched my heart from the chest. I sniffed when the never-ending scheme of plans gradually flashes through my memory.

"Was that a pass for you?"

I started again looking at the blueprint. "I can't understand..." All I was aware of this thing was seeing white lines on blue paper!

Third chuckled. "Come, check this." He showed me his laptop. I gasped when I saw my dream style of house!

"Yo, that's so nice! So beautiful!" I turned to see Third's face. "Weren't you had too much Meditterenean house to live at?" I only saw him smile.

Confused, I once again took a picture of the architectural design of the house on his laptop. "Is that..."

"Was just a draft though. I requested it from my friend, Achi-"

"Babe..."I got teary-eyed too soon. The next thing I knew, I was jumping to sit on his lap, asking so many questions about house planning.

"Look, ang ganda nito, oh! I think it's perfect to put in the living room. Homey tingnan kapag medyo rustic ang furnitire, 'di ba, babe?"

Third only hummed and continue to kiss me lightly on the hair. I was showing him my furniture searches that I found really dreamy to put in the dream house.

"Ikaw? What do you want?"

"Ikaw bahala-"

"Naman kasi!" Lagi nalang siyang ganiyan kapag tinatanong ko! "I want to know what your tastes are, too!" This is our house! We decide fairly!

He sighed. "Sige na. I was really fascinated by the Spanish Revival..."

I imagined walls painted with warm tones, lots of arches and curves, and wrought iron on the corners of the house. "Hmm, nice... But like, it tells greek style too. They didn't seem to be strangers with one look."

There's so much to remember. After seeing Third, I started seeing signs from the pieces of memories we once built and lived at. 

To: My bella

I'm nervous Mia. I wish he's cool with all of this.

I carried the phone to my chest while waiting for Mia's reply. I then try to reconcile everything that's going through my life until the process of fixing it. It's not like there's a need to build something I want, other than peace, but clarity.