Kabanata 23

Mistletoe

There are no rules when it comes to style.

I wore a long sleeve hanging blouse in pastel colors, designed with squares that has a cut in the middle to express some boldness. I opted to partner it with a black skinny trouser that has a loose on the lower part just below the knee. And matched it with white heeled boots as the fabric of the pants tucked in it.

There's really nothing special about my trappings. I just managed to be adventurous and naturally express myself by having fashion with fashion. I actually didn't take too long to decide on this accouterment, as the snaps directly follow within, after questioning myself about what I really want to have in my final look. For the fashion day!

I clung my style in box bag onto my shoulder after posing for the camera. Maraming tao rito ang nakakakilala kung sino ang one and only Mrs. Yelena Muccialiliane, kaya naman nadadamay na ako sa pinagkakaguluhan ng paparazzi para kuhanan ng pictures. I am beside Mama all throughout the event, and so I'm fully aware na scattered na rin ang face ko all over the internet. No doubt on that.

I looked at Mama after she discarded her feather coat, leaving her with only a skimpy upper garment. Napataas ang brow ko as I didn't expect na ganito pala talaga kabata at ka-sexy tingnan si Mama sa malapitan. I suddenly get a bit conscious about myself. I hope I could maintain my diet and physical ventures para maging katulad ni Mama na napaka-fresh pa rin kahit na nasa late 50's na.

She smiled at me before sitting on her chair. "Grace, lend us a hot coffee here!" She called her secretary.

I hope I can say her I want milk instead...

"You have an enticing poise, Avi. You're aware that I'm watching you closely every time?" Mama chuckled. "And you're even prettier than those models we've seen!"

I awkwardly smiled at Mama.

"You'll be a great model if you give it a chance!"

 I straightened my back.

She puckered her lips. "My convincing power isn't enough, is it?"

I faintly smiled, finding the right words to say. Mama had been praising me before we had arrived at Manhattan Center, where the second day of fashion week was held. She won't stop saying that I have a modelesque figure and face. And that my aura was perfect for the modeling industry. Dati pa, she keeps on saying that I should start finding the right agency for me. She also volunteered to be my manager temporarily.

I always declined her offer sa tuwing isisingit niya ang topic na 'to sa facetime. Gaya ng sabi ko, I want a private life at never ko ni- aspire na pumasok sa mundong alam ko pa lang primarily, complicated na. There's a small part of me hating the spotlight.

Although there's still a part who secretly imagines being positioned on that, just by fantasizing how pretty awesome and dreamy it is when I try... I keep telling myself I want to focus more on my path. This incoming year ay makaka-graduate na ako. And that only means na need kong maging control and persistent when it comes to decision making.