Kabanata 32

Warmth

"Happy Anniversary, my love!"

I giggled. Third and I both close our eyes and blow the candle on the cake.

Tumayo ako pagkatapos niyang ibaba ang strawbery cake sa blanket. Next year blueberry cheese naman dahil alternate kami ng pagpili ng cake. I pull out the thin sarong hanging around my waist and chest, exposing my orange two-piece before jumping into the waves.

Tinanaw ko si Third na naiwan sa coastline. I happily waved my hand. "Come on, babe! Huwag ka ng matakot mangitim," I laughed.

I saw him smirking before lifting up his shirt, revealing his body. Nabitin ang tawa ko at nilibot ang tingin sa dagat. Lumangoy ako sa tubig to compose myself and ease whatever is it I'm tensing about.

"Got yah..." Third chuckled on my ears after gripping my waist in the water. Alam kong namumula ako bago humarap sa kaniya.

"Anong oras tayo uuwi?"

His forehead furrowed. "Gusto mo na?"

Umiling ako. "Gusto pa kitang kasama."

He smirked. "Gusto ko rin."

"Wanna float?" I asked after a while, playing my hands with the water. He nodded, and we both sunk ourselves back into the water until we were already floating. We never disconnect our possession of hands.

"How time wings fast. We're one year together..." I amazingly mumbled as I started to count on the milestones.

"We're seven months engaged..." he continued. I smiled.

"You're almost in your late twenties..." I chuckled.

He scoffed. "At least you'll age too. Happy birth month next month."

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks," I emphasized with a sound." I turned to him and eventually, I sighed. I squeezed his arms. "My heart that was once wounded by my parents already heals..."

"Termination of one of the big projects I pulled was at death's door." He blew a breath.

I squeezed his hand in the water. "Proud fiance here."

I feel his glance at me. "You already have your diploma... I'm so proud of you too, my Summa Cum Lude."

After my graduation, I voluntarily enrolled in a business class. Dad was happy about it so I was happy too and got to enjoy the entire five months of schooling. I didn't apply to AVIA just yet, because I owe Dad to give the future he prepared for me a try. But next year, I'll finally have my unit in New York and start the training of my dream.

I meaningfully grinned. "I'll be working with you and Dad..."