Kabanata 48

Sick

I wiped my tears and pulled out the medium- size luggage na dala ko pa galing Italy. Dahan- dahan akong nagtitiklop when I received a phone call from Lucas.

I stood up from the bed and walked over to the window. I looked down and stared at the broad- gauge of the street.

The minute my eyes moved to the left where I and Third normally do quick groceries on what they call Quick Stop itself, I blinked. I saw myself pushing the door, giving way to Third who has a bunch of paper bags on between his arms and chest.

I faced the opposite direction and saw a cluster of troops beside the road who are laughing merrily— to the point of sensing I could already hear the echo of their giggles. I suddenly remember a kind of laugh similar to that.

I closed my eyes and think for a second. Pagkamulat ko ay agad na sinalubong ako ng mga baniyagang mata. I smiled at Third and pout my lips.

"What does that mean?"

I pout again. To make it work and readable, I encompassed my fingers and act as if I were about to bend my knees while doing soft and pleading eyes, still pouting.

He furrowed his forehead. He opened his lip, thinking of saying the right thing. "The game's over?"

He sighed. "Got it. You really can't skip a bath for three days. Consider me now... defeated."

"Hindi! This is my entry! This is the clue! Guess it!"

I've never acknowledged charades until I've known it's really one of the epic fun things to play with Third.

"We agreed... No Filipino songs. It's not fair for me."

I shook my head and laughed a bit. "I can do three days without wetting my hair. It's you whom I'm worried about! You have work."

I don't understand our game... but the one who'll be getting the small points and poor guess ought to skip bath for three days, as a punishment for losing the game. Dry shampoo nga okay na ako, kaya 'di ko maisip na papayag si Third na ganito lang ang summing- up.

"I'm born to win but I'm giving the chances all for you. This isn't a Filipino song..." saad ko.

Inulit ko ulit ang ginawa ko kanina. He arched a brow and eyed me. Lalo pa akong nag- pout and I can already see his amusement on the blend of his face.

"There was a farmer who had a dog and Bingo was his name, O. B- I -N- G- O. And Bingo was his name-"

"Bakit ka kumakanta?" pinutol ko siya.

"That's my guess." He smirked. "B- I-N-G-O. Bingo," he cheekily laughed.

I laughed. "Why? Mukha ba talagang dog?"

Until Skies Taste the Sun (Lost Series #1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara