Kabanata 29

Real talk

"Avi, iha... Busy ka pa?"

I stopped these bustling fingers of mine from the keyboard and directly turned my gaze to the door when I heard it click open.

"Nandiyan na ang mga Daddy mo sa baba, kararating lang. Hali'ka na, sabayan mo na silang kumain." Nana Myrna tried a smile.

I averted my gaze to the screen of my laptop and saw I wasn't at least done on the middle part of my report. I looked back at Nana. "Na...busog pa po ako, e. I also need to finish this before class tomorrow starts."

"Hindi mo pa'rin ba kakausapin ang mga Daddy mo, 'nak?"

I faintly smile, "Kakausapin ko po sila, Na... 'Wag na po kayong mag- worry. Tatapusin ko lang po itong report ko, then I'll move later to their space."

Nana made her way here to kissed my temple and brushed my hair. "O, siya sige. Babalikan kita rito, ikukuha kita ng gatas."

I automatically grinned from ear to ear. I crouched a little to hug her, "Thank you, 'Na. You're the best."

"Hmp, sige na. Tapusin mo na 'yan at ipahinga mo na ang mata mo. Tingnan mo o, medyo mapula pa rin." I laughed before she leaves my room.

I sighed. I've been working here on my laptop for almost three hours straight. And my back really hurts, may stiff neck pa ata ako. I closed my lid to rest my eyes for a bit. Medyo dama ko pa rin ang hapdi, sabayan pa nang matagal na pagtutok sa laptop.

After a minute, I continue back on working until the door once again opened when Nana gave me the glass of milk. I drank it fast and after one and a half more hours, I succeedingly folded the laptop with a heavy sigh. "That's tiring..."

I stand up straight to walk into my bathroom. While the water drips down my body underneath the cold shower, thoughts are again spinning in my weary head. Sobra akong napagaod sa pag- iisip ng magandang topic kanina, down to the supporting details to establish my report. I had to squeeze my brain to extract each of my creative juices until I satisfied myself with the final touches of my work. And now, I've been internalizing my words when I finally face my parents.

I want them to know that I'm partly fine with it due to my relationship with Third. And so to completely get over this shit, I need to fire my scorching questions might as well to completely enlighten my gloomy mind. I just hope they would answer me with downright honesty, just like how I deserve it.

I gave my deep caution regarding the situation and broad understanding to my parents because I know they deserve it. They were here all throughout the best of my existence. As an only child, I've been exactly in the position where I witnessed how wonderful parents they are.. as they've been with me from the very moment I was able to taste the sweetness of life.

All my life, wala silang ginawa kung hindi ang pasayahin ako. I grew up admiring how our family is perfect, with love and understanding being centered... and as one of those who made our bond stronger. From the relationship of my parents as a couple, I've always admired how they were really good to love, support, and be patient with each other individually, producing a happily married life. Bata pa lang ako... isang magandang image na ng family portray ang ipinakita nila sa akin. At ngayong nagkamali sila... I should look back to everything they've done to make this 'Avi'. So... that's what I'm doing now.