Kabanata 50

Canvas

"Are those Daddy's new toys!?"

Sure that wasn't asked in question but you could tell in my pitched voice the panic I have for Skye.. Lucas... and the toy!

"Uh... yeah?" My just turned three-year-old daughter giggled and ran after she knew what was coming.

Hinabol ko ang makulit kong bunso habang paulit- ulit akong sumisigaw.

"Anak, bitaw na! Let's return it to your Daddy's office!" I followed her going down the stairs, taking a step big. "Jesus.. Marcella Skye! Guarda i tuoi passi! Be careful!"

Oh, no. Not again. I just said His' name in vain. I'm sorry, Jesus.

"Mom, you're pregnant! Why would you run!" I heard my son's voice when I passed into his open room. "You walk or I'll report you to Dad!"

Tumigil ako at umiling. "Go catch your sister, else, I'll report you both to your Dad." I glared at him when I saw the new set of the metal plane collections Lucas bought about a month ago and had just delivered the last day. Kasabay ng dala- dala ngayon ni Skye.

"Oh no," my son whispered.

He handed me the toy and ran over to his sister. "Skye! Oh my God! Why would you let yourself get caught!"

"I told you, Salvatore Noach! Do. not. say. His. name. on. vain."

"Sorry!" I bet he's downstairs now. "I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear you say 'Jesus, Macrella Skye!' a while ago!" He was laughing. And he mocked my tone!

"That was an accident! I was worried Sky to tripping!"

"You're in adrenaline and I was in too! Fair for us, Mom! We just do not repeat same mistake again, alright?"

I just sighed. Nakasilip siya rito sa akin sa taas pagkalapit ko sa hallway ng stairs. He winked on me before getting the toy away from his sister. Umiyak naman agad si Skye kaya nagmadali na akong pinuntahan sila sa baba na nag-aaway na.

These two are always chaotic. Laging magkasama at nagkakasundo sa kakulitan pero lagi namang magkaaway.

"No!"

"I said I'm returning it!" Tinalikuran ni Noach ang kapatid niya bago sumalubong sa akin.

"Mom, we're very sorry! Please don't report us to Dad." He blinked his gentle eyes. Si Sky na umiiyak, lumapit din. She hugged my legs, nagpapabuhat. I carried her and brush Noach's hair.

"We'll talk later, okay? For now, position all of what you get back in Dad's office." Ibinalik ko sa kaniya ang inabot niya sa aking mga laruan ni Lucas.

He jumped to reach for me. Slowly, I leaned and felt his kiss on my cheeks. "I'm sorry." He soon kiss Skye also, pinapatahan din.

"Go, baby, ako na," sabi ko nang ayaw niya pang iwan si Skye dahil umiiyak pa rin. "Ask help to Ate Ash." Pinaayos ko ang bitbit kay Noach ng mga metal plane. Pareho kaming takot magasgas.

"I'm scared Ate Ash would have to say no. She's still on her brushes."

I smiled.

"She'll leave it for the meantime to help you. Trust me."

"I'm scared she'll get silently irritated at me again for interrupting her 'oh-so always' wanted time alone," he exaggerated I had to laugh big time. Skye was composed now after a few kisses and caresses on her back.