Kabanata 15

Serenade me

"Ms. Zinbergh, right here!"

Flash dito, flash doon. I can audibly hear the clicks of the camera all around. The split of second I pulled my right foot out of the car, agad na kaming sinalubong ng mga reporters at shutterbugs in the venue. 

All throughout, I didn't speak a word, only I greet everyone a warm evening to recognize the night...dahil hindi ko rin naman alam ang sasabihin ko. Good thing Third was there to handle it to welcome the celebration kaharap ang mga tao outside. Ngayon nga ay nandito ako sa background ng entance at nakaapak sa mahabang red carpet, waygoing kung saan nakahanda ang event.

I shivered a bit nang hawakan ako sa waist ng taong.. the only person who can do my heartbeat like a ticking bomb. I looked up at him, but he was seriously looking into the camera. I exited all my best to act natural and just remain my poise until the cameramen focused their attention on the next businessman who came on the line.

"Finally! There come the love birds!" Tita Yelena welcomed us the moment we reached the main place of the event with her constant squeals.

"Mom..." suway ni Third sa ina. 

Tipid lang akong ngumiti kay Tita na nasa akin ang attention. She looks exquisite wearing Paul Marciano's post on his official account na nakita ko last day sa Instagram. Wow! I can't believe the gown was for Tita. No doubt! Her name's shuddering across America as the center of the conversation.. concomitant that she was featured in Vogue magazine and be the cover of the month. I saw it on the feed! And I feel totally amazed by her! She's the epitome of dreams and inspiration for all aspiring youth to live in the world where she belongs.

"But Avi didn't spew refuse! You're keeping secrets now from me son! I don't like it!" She acted like she was truly hurt.

"No, Tita.. We're not what you think we are," pagtanggi ko kasi totoo naman kahit pa sabihing umaasa ako na mayroon nga.

"What's gotten into the two of you? I thought you like each other..." She stopped when realized something. 

She faced Third in disbelief.

"Son! Don't tell me you are not making a move!" 

Napangisi ako. He definitely is making a move. He just lacks in words.

What can I say? Action speaks blaring than words. Depende nalang kung numb ba ako talaga. Kasi.. ang gusto ko lang ay formal ako ni Third tanungin kung balak niya ba akong ligawan. But then, was he ever aware of it? Was courting and dating was just same on his country, the reason why we're still not moving to another stage?

Third scratched the bridge of his nose like he's starting to lose his collected patience. "Have my ways, mom. Leave Avi alone and let her lose to it."

Pinamulahan agad ako sa sinabi niya habang si Tita ay nagtatalon sa kilig. "I knew it! I always trust your skill!"