Kabanata 20

Payback

Joana was right. I feel like some were just jealous. Wala naman silang ibang ikaka- upset aside roon. It shows they're insecure.

I checked the post while I'm in the bathroom to see what was going on. I turned off kasi every notification of my apps, except only iMessage where Third and I are relatively texting. I don't want any turbulence, well, except for Third because I'm waging to concentrate on a greater level now. Socmed just bends to be really a distraction. Not now when I'm graduating.

After opening my Instagram account, that's when I realized how flooded I am due to the post. Ang daming hearts and comments! I think dumami rin ang followers ko... How is that even possible? Siguro sa rumors? See how gossip leads!

I only replied to those comments of relatives and close friends. Ang daming nag-co- congrats, and expressing their ship kahit kami na ni Third, lalo na si Tita Yelana. I can just imagine her giggles and squeals!

I'm washing my hands in the sink when I received a message from a sender. I already knew who it was. I giggled. Just this guy. I dried my hands before getting my phone.

From: Noah

News flash. A good one.. Susunduin kita mamaya cuz I'm going to leave the office early. I have no pending works. Let's go to your house, I can start fixing now the things in your library :)

Out of excitement, I didn't hesitate on calling him— totally didn't make myself mind if he has working duties by now.

"Really?!" masigla ko agad na welcome sa call.

"Your birthday is tomorrow..." That was his response instead.

"You... knew?"

He made a sound.  "Come on... I'm not skipping my girlfriend's day?"

I wrinkled my nose. "So... birthday gift mo na 'yon sa'kin?"

"You can say... But, why is that? You want anything else?" He laughed in the background.

"Well... I'm just thinking that maybe. You... would ask me out for a date? Like... what dudes do to those romantic stories in my book."

"Uhuh? So you're now comparing me to your fictional characters."

"No! That's not what I meant. I wouldn't ever compare you to other men, especially to a fictional one!" I gasped. "Fine! I just want to have a date with you!" 

I turned my gaze from the mirror to the back when I heard a heavy sound of a heel. I saw a troop of girls coming in, but soon they all rolled back their eyes and refused to proceed inside after seeing I'm inside here. The hell? 

Ang bi-bitter naman nila masiyado... They haven't even met Third personally! What an abnormal attitude!