Kabanata 6

Restrictive Third

My eyes are wide to the fullest extent possible on what I have seen and on what he has said. My mouth is formed on an o and my brain isn't functioning. I'm not dumb enough to realize what's on his mind!

Is this still because of my exposed legs issue that has been hidden and protected earlier by his jacket?

Never in my life have a person who's this overreacting and protective of my exposed body... even my parents. Perhaps, they go in whenever I want and what I want to do as long as it's a good thing that will make me feel good. They weren't strict about picking the clothes that makes me confident. 

It's actually not a problem of what others would think about it. I'm not gonna live my life thinking about their opinions. This is my life. The golden rule. I'll respect others as I want to be respected. 

"Avi."

I was interrupted by my own thoughts when he suddenly called me. My face still feels heated and my mind was still not in the process yet I still managed to look at him.

"Are you gonna wear that?" He asked, probably thinking that it won't match my top. I just know he's good on fit checks.

With open arms, of course!  I'm gonna wear this! I appreciate his genuineness even if it's still so awkward for me. Masiyado siyang over protective kahit na wala namang kami.

"I was actually about to go with the leggings. But, I think of your, uh..." he seemed not to have the guts to finish the sentence. There's hesitation in his voice. "Your butt," he cleared his throat. "Uh.. it might tightly fit," he even added.

 God he still managed to finish it, making me choke on my own saliva!

He can't look at me now. Needless to say! Why does he have to say such things that would make the both of us uncomfortable! Is he like this to all of his 'girl' friends?

Okay! Kay... I can't breathe now! His words were too much for me! It was too much to handle I can't even utter a single frigging word! There's adrenaline inside me to go out now because the strained atmosphere here is killing me! 

Still, I can't be that rude to just leave without saying a word so I gathered up all my sanity to formulate words and perform a speech that I can least say.

I faced him with uncertainty. I cleared my throat before saying, "Y...you don't have to, but still, uh... Thank you."

It's already late, wala nang makakakita sa legs ko except Mia and Kuya Roger who can pass as a parent to me cuz he's already my driver since childhood. You shouldn't worry if that's what you're thinking. My mind thought of the assurance I could give, but of course, I wouldn't tell him! No way!

His gaze was still focused on the front and I don't know if he's still listening to me. "I'll wear this. I'll change inside Mia's house," I added.