Kabanata 11

Compensated 

"Hmmm! Smells heavenly! Numnum."

I sniffed the 'nakakabusog- amoy' pa lang na niluluto ni Mia. Tinolang manok, my only favorite na chicken cooks! 

Mia pushed me lightly. "Move, move! Baka matapon." She took my place, then faced the pot to stir the soup of the chicken.

"Hinahalo ba talaga 'yan?" I cluelessly asked.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Go there, just wait." I didn't have a choice but to sit on the stool and wait for her to finish. I really admire her cooking skills!

"I think it would be beneficial if you teach me." I put my elbow on the countertop and placed my chin on my knocked fists.

"We always tried, Avi! Palpak ka na multiple times," she laughed. 

I made a pout to myself and remember those times I was about to burn down the kitchen of their house, and my house. 

Mia gets a bowl from the cabinet and turned off the stove. I guess she's already done. That's my cue to stand up and start preparing the plates and utensils.

"Aba, may initiative!" Mia teased. I just shook my head and get a pitcher in the fridge.

In a fleeting time, we're done eating and I've already presented myself to wash the dishes. She even didn't bother to compete as I said that from this day on, I'll start practicing now my washing skills! 

I just wish there will be no plates to be shattered— like what I always coped with before in our house when times come Mom would ask me to. Thankfully.. I completed it orderly and tidy! A nice shot of points for me!

Nadatnan ko si Mia na nanonood ng TV show sa living room. I just bid my goodnight and leave her unit. Until now, kinikilig pa rin talaga ako sa idea na magkalapit lang kaming dalawa, and! Few steps ko ko lang to other side ay mapupuntahan ko na siya. Kahit hindi kami magkasama sa iisang room, I'm still happy pa rin. More than fulfiling for me.

When I stepped outside, I stopped. 

The man who makes my heart beat so damn fast was shockingly standing over the door of my unit, preparing to knock. Third immediately looked at me when he heard the sound I made after closing the door.

He has documented folders in his hands. A black one with the logo of their company. He cleared his throat after a second. "I need you to sign these papers regarding the project for your new branch."

I creased my forehead. How my signature is needed now on Dad's business? I can't remember a time I signed any papers before. "Why?"

"I don't know either. Ask your Dad. He anyway just asked me to." I felt something sour in his tone.