Kabanata 14

Tease me

We're heading back to the condo para ihatid si Mia. It's currently 6:42 pm by now. Madali lang kaming natapos kanina sa pagkain pero natatagalan naman to drive everyone home dahil kay unstoppable traffic. I hate to admit it, but I am getting used to it.

"Talaga bang hindi ka pupunta bukas? Pwede ka naman kasing humabol? I'll wait for you." I turned to Mia when the car stopped at the entrance of the condominium.

"Avi, ang kulit! Sinabi ng hindi ako aabot." Mia grabbed her bag, preparing to go out of the car.

I gathered up my arms and enclosed them to the lower part of my chest. "Right. Kahit 10:00 pm pa naman ang tapos."

"And our dinner will start at 8:30," she fired back.

"She's right. There's no way she could make it. Unless Mia wants to celebrate the party herself." Third joined the conversation.

"See? Third got my point! Ikaw lang talaga ang pumipilit." She opened the door, totally preparing to leave.

"'Kay..." 

I'm sad. I want Mia to be there with me dahil ayaw ko namang ma-out of place sa event. I do know how to interact and socialize with other business people. Dad and Mom trained me well on that thing. It's for the 'convenience' as a daughter of parents who are in that league. What my point is.. both of them will going to be busy by tomorrow! I don't know where should I go after the main event. And it's so awkward to be alone. I can't go home right away. They wouldn't allow me!

"So... I'm expecting my date shall wait me tomorrow night? " Third and I were already out of the condo place. I was busy here thinking about the things I could possibly do tomorrow to ease my boredom. Na- interrupt lang ang thinking ko nang magtanong siya.

I smirked at him. "I don't think so... I never want to be a waiter," I said pertaining to his wacky words earlier if that's a joke.

He tugged his lip upward. "Oh, so you remember now everything I say."

"What? Why is that? Can I forget something you'd say?" I turned to him.

"Oh, that's not what I meant. I'm talking about what I've told you this week. Seems you forgot a lot, huh?"

I never leave him my gaze. My brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"You sounded so above suspicion. Like it." He bit and played with his lower lip to stop himself from tearing a smirk.

"Hey, stop that! I don't even know what you're talking about." I don't know a thing about what he's saying! I only saw and meet him once this week that's happening right now. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang sinasabi niya, okay!

"What about me calling you babe?" He finally let out his mischievous smirk.