Kabanata 44

Happy

"What's with you two?"

Iyon agad ang bungad sa 'kin ni Mama pagkabalik namin sa loob. Third was now on the presence behind the successor of this event. I heard he'll not bid but will straightly just donate.

I shook my head. "The usual, Ma... I'm dressed to kill but he wants me killed rather. Those killer eyes..." I chuckled.

"That boy was at loss to escape the work of his father. They were indeed a strict preacher," Mama chuckled.

She's watching Third from the sight. Mama said the words natively like it's a usual thing for her to integrate his son's personality with his father. It just flew effortlessly out of her mouth that she didn't sound conscious while saying that, cause I know she would never do, if she's deliberately aware I'm here listening.

I suddenly felt bad. It's awful to think that they need to adjust and think about the boundaries when I'm in the image. I'm aware they've been trying so hard to at least mention his name the entire pace we're all together. Kaya naman sobra kong nararamdaman ang respeto na ibinibigay nila sa 'kin.

Ngayon... gusto kong ibalik. I respect her motherly thing to express her fondness towards his guys. Hindi naman sa kailangan kong punahin pa. Bigla lang pumasok sa mind ko dahil napagtanto kong hindi naman pala ako gano'n ka- bitter.

I was right. I may be or maybe not forgiving him, but for the peace, just maybe I could. Ilang taon na rin naman. The concrete feeling was just so difficult to tell when all along I didn't care about it again. I just want to carry on with life without so many reasonings and enigma. Sapat na 'yon para malagay ako sa tahimik. My way of moving on.

The night formally started. Everyone paid attention to the items on their own, bidding on different expenditures of jewelry because it was a silent auction.

I was just observing around. Third was still busy talking to people. Kanina, kasama ko pa si Mama na pilit akong pinapakuha ng bidding sheet but I declined. I said na mag- do- donate nalang ako ng enough, because I can't deliver a higher amount to bid. I'm starting now to save more money because I aim to really invest in more possessions to fund my planned business. Lucas keeps telling me that there's no necessity especially now that we are about to get married. However, I told him he can't always be the only one to pay expenses and take the effort of sustaining the family. I also need to get rich on my own so we could be fair!

"Avi, come here! You would love to see this."

I leaped a bit when Mama abruptly hug my arms. She was pulling me over the bidding item that has no line up. Samantalang nakikita ko sa ibang glass of item ang pagkakagulo ng mga tao para tignanan ang iba't ibang color ng diamonds.

"What is..."

My lips parted in astonishment. Mama discharged the hold for me to admire the ring inside the transparent glass.

The ring is a gold loop. Waves of the sea are etched on its round. I gasped more seeing tiny patterns of seashells on it. At the center, there's a rock. I couldn't guess what was it for until I learn the rays coming from it. It was for a man to wear. And I could think of no one who fits this ring, other than the person who embodies it.