Kabanata 35

Heartbreak

The damage Third's Dad caused was paid. However, it wasn't still enough to pay for everything. To save everything. 

At ito pa, ah. The healing of my heart would probably never come to an end, it was going that way. But the several weeks of hiding from the dark did until the latter came. Nakakatawa lang. One after another lie, an advanced secret ruthlessly discloses.

"Mr. Zinberhg! Ngayon po ba na pati ang kasalukuyan niyong negosyo ay papalubog na rin, are you willing to accept the termination preconcerted by the elite circle? Is it true they are forcing you to withdraw?" 

What a typical, merciless, and straightforward reporter. Mabilis ang mouth. Talagang walang lusot. Should I really be thankful for him?

"Do you admit you really have no chance after another failure? First your descended airline within just five months after the opening... At ngayon, pati ang kumpanya niyo ay ipapasara na rin?"

I smirked bitterly. Hindi ko alam kung gustong kumalap ng reporter ng information o mang- asar.

"At bali- balita po na suicidal talaga ang totoong pagkamatay ng asawa niyo. Is it true?" Another set of interviewers showed up.

That's it. I wiped fallen tears again.

"Oo! Marahil nakonsensiya ang asawa niyan dahil sa pinasabog na eroplano noon! Matagal bago nagising sa katotohanan! Mga pamilya nga naman ng palpak!"

That came from a group of strangers shown in the video I'm playing. It was a re-play of the live that happened outside our house nang matunugan ng media na lumabas si Dad that day.

Pinatay ko ang clipt for the second time I watched it after yesterday night. I was clenching my teeth as I dried up my tears.

They have no heart... Ang galing nilang magpaniwala sa sarili nilang brought- up stories! When all along, they didn't know the real narrative! Nobody asks for their opinions but people continue to gossip and do accusations! It made me sad thinking the thing about people and their attitudes.

I grabbed my phone to call Attorney.

"Iha..." he initiated.

"Attorney, hindi ko na po kaya, please..." Mahina aong humikbi. "Lalabas na po ako... I don't care what people would think. Kung makita man nila ako and physically hurt me, I'll fight for myself and for my family. Dad needs me..."

"For you to shout at him?"

I shook my head as if he could see me right now. "No... I need answers to my questions, yes! Pero I already composed myself. I'll patiently listen to him... I just want to be by his side. We need each other. More than now."

Matagal na tahimik si Attorney bago siya nagsalita. "I... don't think that's a good move, Avi. It's difficult to shield ourselves and the things we got as long as the media keep their camera on us... To you and your dad. Mabigat. Dahil hawak ni Achelous ang simpatya ng tao."