Kabanata 12

Crush

"Why'd you think I have a boyfriend?"

Third stopped eating and grabbed a glass of water before taking his eyes on me. He pushed back his tongue to the side of his cheeks and narrowed his eyes like he was about to read what was on my mind.

What? Wasn't I the one who should be confused right now? Why was he reflecting on my expression?

He continued eating and just shrugged his shoulder. It's like cutting my curiosity off!

"Hindi mo alam?" lito kong tanong sa kaniya.

"I saw a guy in front of your door," he finally uttered. Still not looking at me and just focusing his attention on the food. It seems to get it wasn't a big deal to him anymore. Sa akin nalang siguro. I should move on then?

But... Won't he ask me kung sino 'yon? Wait...who is it actually? Is it Lucas? Napaisip ako. He's the only one I knew in the building who could possibly stop by my room. But why would he?

Tssk. Lucas Cristofano, creepy now huh?

"Ah, it's just someone I know, probably," I still said.

"I see. Lucas DiCaprio. Right?" He finally looked at me to spot my reaction.

I arched a brow. How on earth did he know him? I creased my forehead afterward, getting confused now. Lagi nalang akong lito sa kaniya.

"I checked the lists of people. I saw him. And... he's next to you."

I almost choked on the ratatouille I was eating.

"Y-you did... what?"  

Why would he do such a thing? Is he that serious about it?

Did he damn actually do that? Because.. hell! It only means I'm really something for him! He tampers with my whereabouts and the people around me!

"You're blushing," he said, making me stiff.

I looked up at him and saw him smirking while chewing. He's not looking at me so how would he notice! He's probably teasing me again!

"Don't worry, it's not like I'm going to kick him out," he said nonchalantly.

"You... what?" I can't take in the words he's firing me. I don't want to assume again. But I'm still on track, right? He literally is interpreting something I don't want to take credit. Ayaw kong umasa pero hindi ko naman mapigilan!

He tugged his lips upward and shook his head. "Why are you bringing up this topic? Were you that affected?"