Kabanata 42

Letter

I was watching the waves from the view, feeling the breeze of the night touch my skin. Tahimik akong natulala, once again lost in my thoughts that I found very hard escaping.

"Avi..."

I watched Third moved to my direction pagkatapos niyang makipag- usap doon sa 'Achi' na dumating kanina. Mabilis naman siyang natulungan ng huli.

"Let's get you home..." 

Kumunot ang noo ko. 

"Sorry for the trouble. Uwi na kita..." dugtong niya.

I flew my gaze quickly at the seashore before returning to him. I don't understand... We just arrived here, bakit uuwi na agad? May important ba siyang lakad?

"Why are you saying sorry to me? Okay lang naman... Nobody doesn't want what happened."

He only nodded in silence.

"Let's go now..."

It confuses me. My mind was thinking back and forth about how he suddenly wanted me home when he was the one who asked to continue this. I want to ask why but I couldn't.

"Okay..." sa pag- aakala na lang na may kailangan nga siyang puntahan na importante. I peeked at him earlier looking on his phone from time to time, for several minutes.

But still, I want to use my last chance.

"I'll just gonna bite some bread in the hotel, then..."

Damn. I want him to remember why we were out. To have dinner! Even if I'm honestly still stuffed...

I watched him. 

Talaga ba, Third? You'll drop me home after expecting a lot of things the moment I smelled and feel the familiar salty air? After I took a sight at the crystal water from the sea of the night... Hearing the waves slam the shore?

Gusto kong maiyak dahil ayaw ko pa talagang umalis dito. Pero... I think about him. He wants me to drive home...

His lips were on a thin line. He stared at me for a second before nodding silently. 

"That'll do for you. Please eat before you sleep, alright?"

The fuck... It hits me.

I blinked the dampness in my eyes. I'm glad it was too dark here he won't be able to see my eyes in pain and dismay. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "H-how about you? Nag- dinner ka na ba?"

"I'll just have bread, too." He reached for my hand. "Let's get you home."