Kabanata 2

Sign

I was going down the stairs when I saw Mommy going up. "I thought you and Dad already left?" I curiously asked. Habang nag- aayos ako kanina sa vanity mirror ay narinig ko ang pag- alis ng car nila.

"Oh, bumalik kami cuz I forgot the document na pipirmahan ngayon ng mga Vilienthal."

"What about it?" I asked.

"Nothing dear," she slightly shook her head. "You going somewhere?"

Ohhh, I forgot na magpaalam sa pagsama ko today kay Third. I slept early yesterday night and they left too soon earlier. The case is, I'm having my work-out kanina that's why I didn't get the chance to speak it to them. I was about to text them anyway.

"Yes, Mommy dearest. Tita Yelena asked Third for my time to accompany him to the mall. He messaged me last night." I said, closely watching her reaction. But I saw her not having a hint of tease at all.

Mom nodded and slowly smiled. "Good to hear that sweety. I was supposed to tell you also to be friendly to Third. His parents are leaving this week."

I nodded. It's fine with me actually to additionally occupy myself. We just finished a bundle of paper works for the midterm of this first semester. I'm not that busy right now. A short break is almost near too... and I guess, I have more time to be friends with him if will be given a chance.

"I'll be friends with him, Mom.. since I think he's this kind. Medyo quiet nga lang," I answered.

"Sa first stage lang 'yan, Avi. You two must bond most of the time to unleash yourselves and be close to each other." Was she seriously encouraging me?

Well... yeah, I agree na kailangan friends nga kami ni Third. Since two parents have a good embodiment, it's fruitful that we're paying attention to one another and getting to know each other better. "I'll try Mom," I said with a small smile plastered on my face.

Dumeretso na'rin ako sa pagbaba after makapagpaalam nang maayos kay mommy. Pagkalabas ko ng main door ng house, nilabas ko na rin ang phone ko to ask Third kung nasaan na siya.

Before I could type a message, I heard his familiar voice. I looked forward and saw him talking to my Dad. I moved my feet to go near them. They immediately looked at me nang malapit na ako.

Oh. Third looks good in his outfit! He was wearing a fitted sweatshirt tucked in his pants, together with loafer shoes that perfectly matched his suit. He's wearing also a Gucci belt and an expensive wristwatch in his left hand.

Sobrang bango pa ng apperance niya. And I wasn't wrong! Amoy na amoy ko ang expensive perfume niya mula here where I'm standing at! Nakabog pa nga ang pabango ni Dad!

"There she is," si Dad. "Anak paalis pala kayo ni Third. You.. haven't told us."

"Goodmorning," I greeted Third first before facing my Dad. "I was about to tell you kanina pero hindi ko po kayo naabutan ni Mommy. But, nakapagpaalam na po ako sa kaniya sa stairs. I bumped her so..." Just me, being polite.